Sign in to follow this  
nyblinky58

E 85 stations

I BOUGHT A TRUCK THIS YEAR A 2007 CHEVY Z 71 SUB.ON THE WINDOW STICKER IT SAID I WOULD GET 12CITY/20HAW. MILES .THE ENGINE IS A FLEX FUEL ENG. AND IT ALSO DROPS INTO A 4 CYCLINDER MODE TO SAVE ON GAS,BUT IT DOES NOT.I GET 8 CITY & 15.3HAW.I HAVE CALLED GM A FEW TIMES AND HAD THE ENGINE TESTED,AND THEY SAID THR ENGINE IS RUNNING WRIGHT,SO NOW I HAVE STARTED LOOKING FOR E85 FUEL.WHAT A JOKE THAT ONE WAS.I FOUND 6 NEAR BUY BUT THEY BELONG TO THE CITY OF NEW YORK & THEY WOULD NOT SELL IT TO ME. SO I STARTED LOOK FOR A STATION BY ME. FIRST I DID A 25 MIL. NOTHING THEN I TRIED 50MIL. AGAIN NOTHING,NEXT THING I PUT IN WAS 100 MIL. THAT ALSO RETURN NOTHING .SO I CALLED ON STAR & THEY FOUND ONE IN UPSTATE NEW YORK 150 MILES FROM MY HOME.I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THERE ARE 10 IN THE HOLE N.Y.S. AREA.I THINK THIS STINKS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WOULD BE SAVING GAS AND BY USEING E 85 I COULD MY LITTLE PART FOR THE GREEN                                THANK YOU NYBLINKY

Guest colchiro

Hi.

First of all, many people consider ALL CAPS to be shouting, or at the very least, hard to read so generally you'll get a better reception online by turning that off. ;)

Have you tried the Alternate Fueling Station Locator? Looks to me like New York might have more than 10 (I'm too lazy to count them).

Mapquest shows 6 within 10 miles of New York City. (Not sure where you are there.)

I'm sorry you have a hi-tech engine that isn't working out. I bet you were anticipating great results.

From what I understand the gas mileage listed on vehicles is virtually impossible to match in real life situations.  The mileage is best case scenario.  Also I just did a search for E85 in my area, and the station I use on a regular basis did not show up on any website I found that did E85 locations. 

From what I understand the gas mileage listed on vehicles is virtually impossible to match in real life situations.  The mileage is best case scenario.  Also I just did a search for E85 in my area, and the station I use on a regular basis did not show up on any website I found that did E85 locations. 

The Station you use on a regular basis .. Are you saying you are getting E85 from aStation in your City that is not listed anywheres?  If so what is the Name of the Station and Address or Phone number and we will get it listed .. http://e85prices.com/new-york.html

Guest colchiro

From what I understand the gas mileage listed on vehicles is virtually impossible to match in real life situations.

They improved how they calculate that now, I think with the 2007 vehicles.

Previously they did it on a dyno w/o AC and no wind so equivalent to driving around 55 mph. The new method is better but if you drive 80 on Interstate with the AC all the time, you still won't get the same mileage.

I've been about a mile per gallon above the EPA rating on the last two vehicles I've bought.  I don't drive hard and I tend to configure for economy so I probably stretch the mpg more than someone driving 70+ on the freeway.

I learned to drive for economy when I drove a tractor-trailer for a few years.  We got bonuses for good fuel economy.