Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

957 Cities now sell E85

I've been working on the E85 Prices database have a few more states to update but so far we are at 957 Cities in the US now carrying E85 !  8)

That was even with a relatively slow 2007 because of the UL issue on the pumps.. 2008-2009 should really be exciting as we at least double that number. Expect a lot of new members asking a lot of questions ! 

Can we expect a a major breakthrough on MPG .. will someone here be a part of that breakthrough ? !

Wouldnt be suprised at all to hear one of you tuners annoucing you filed for a patent !

I am also noticing more traffic at the E85 pump. It used to be it was unusual to run into some one else pumping E85 at the same time. But on several occasions I have had to wait for a turn at the pump as several cars are filling with E85 at the same time.

In most cases the increased traffic is the super SUV's like the escalades and such that have huge fuel tanks.

Anyone seen any sales figures ( gallons pumped per month vs production numbers )? Just curious if consumption is rising fast enough to be catching up with all the new supply sources.

Larry

Guest colchiro

I filled at Fergus Falls Tesoro, right off I94 yesterday at 5:30 and had to wait since the only two cars there were at the E85 pumps. E85 was priced at $1.99. It's nice to see a low price and people taking advantage of it.

I am also noticing more traffic at the E85 pump. It used to be it was unusual to run into some one else pumping E85 at the same time. But on several occasions I have had to wait for a turn at the pump as several cars are filling with E85 at the same time.

Larry

Noticing the same Larry .. needing to wait my trun at the E85 pump . Not sure if I like that aspect of growth  :D

I have been going over to Corborns/Little Dukes station because they have been at 22% less than unleaded. But they only have One pump/2 handles   JM Speed stop has 2 stations in town selling E85 and they have a total of 14 pumps ! BUT they are being a real pain in the butt on pricing  14% ...while that is "ok" pricing for some parts of the Nation but it makes no sense when 3 other Stations in town are all selling at 20% less than unleaded levels .

I cant see them being able to maintain that higher price for much longer considering they have so many pumps

And yet I still have to drive down to Hudson.  Cedar Falls / Waterloo is so backward it's unbelievable.  :P  But the good part is that they still have E85 for $2.01 down there, while gas is at $2.66!  Oh, and I need to get over to E85prices.com.  ;D

Guest colchiro

The KwikTrip I frequent in Apple Valley (south Mpls suburbs area) has E85 at all the pumps. Not used to that, usually it's just one island.

And yet I still have to drive down to Hudson.  Cedar Falls / Waterloo is so backward it's unbelievable.  :P  But the good part is that they still have E85 for $2.01 down there, while gas is at $2.66!  Oh, and I need to get over to E85prices.com.   ;D

Rusty you know my family is in Waterloo and they seem oblivious to E85 (as does the entire metro)and cant seem to figure out why I am pursing something that clearly is just a "fad"  :D

Waterloo will come around.. imn the meantime  Hudson at $2.01 is great !  25% spread ..  Is that against real unleaded or E10 ?

IIRC, that was against E10.  Regular unleaded was higher.

Edit:  Oh, and you have the thinking of the people around here down 100%!  Even when I was in college, that was how the teachers thought.  Someone did a presentation on renewable energy.  I was the only one in the room that took the side of ethanol.  They concluded that it took more energy to make it than you got out of it, it wouldn't work, and that was that.  Nothing I could say would change their minds.  >:(

Edit again:  But I do see farmers every so often at the E85 pump, that say it works well for them.  So maybe it's just an "in town" thing.

IIRC, that was against E10.  Regular unleaded was higher.

Edit:  Oh, and you have the thinking of the people around here down 100%!  Even when I was in college, that was how the teachers thought.  Someone did a presentation on renewable energy.  I was the only one in the room that took the side of ethanol.  They concluded that it took more energy to make it than you got out of it, it wouldn't work, and that was that.  Nothing I could say would change their minds.  >:(

Edit again:  But I do see farmers every so often at the E85 pump, that say it works well for them.  So maybe it's just an "in town" thing.

when you post your prices always use E85 against pure unleaded if they offer it .. I knw Iowa uses E10 anymore as there basic unleaded..but actually the E10 is 89 Octane..  The cheapest unleaded is generally 87 Octane and is "usually" about 10 cents higher per gallon (then the 89 octane e10)correct ?