Sign in to follow this  
cessna

Nightly News

Just saw on Nightly News that oil hits new all time high of $86. Next they go to Grafton ND where the ethanol plant just shut down because we have TOO MUCH ETHANOL.  My blood pressure is about to go off the scale. Wish I knew what is really going on.

Marty

Just saw on Nightly News that oil hits new all time high of $86. Next they go to Grafton ND where the ethanol plant just shut down because we have TOO MUCH ETHANOL.  My blood pressure is about to go off the scale. Wish I knew what is really going on.

Marty

Yeah I watched it also Marty..

I'll say it again.. Ethanol Industry needs to get off their tails and quit blaming everyone else and everything else..  Start building out their own E85 infrastructure ..start looking at the long term situation instead of short term profits ..

The short term profit guys are the ones that are falling off the edge ... 

JMO

I didn't see Nightly News tonight, we were watching ABC's version...

But they mentioned that Oil Prices touched $86, but Oil Companies' profits are going to be down this Quarter?

Explain that

>:(Blender Pumps >:(,  HAVE to start getting those Blending Pump Stations out there at independent gas stations and stand alone E85 fuel stations. ::)

That's the answer.

I'm doing my part.  I'm buying it at a 7.3% difference instead of buying gasoline. ???

Many many more people around here would love to use it if it were just at least 15% or more difference. >:(

Jeremy,

Have you contacted NEVC ?? They may be able to help with this.

Looks like most of the stations in Nebraska are independents.

There should be no reason for the public to be gouged like that

when supply, blending and infrastructure are all close together.

If every fuel ethanol plant funded one pump a year that would add 100+ pumping outlets a year. If they focused on the dead areas to fill out the infrastructure it would make a big impact. Especially if they focused on the major transportation corridors.

Larry

Greengenes, A few years ago I filled up on Bannister Rd( south side of Kansas City) and paid about the same for E85 as  regular unleaded. I kinda complained and the clerk pointed down the street to a government institution and said " they have to fill up here" indicating he didn't care. I called Phil at NEVC and he said he couldn't tell anyone how to price E85.

This will help.  The UL just announced they're ready to start certifying pumps.

http://domesticfuel.com/?p=3188

This is expected to cause the number of pumps to Double in the next year.  Whoopee

About time.. keep in mind they still need to do the actual certifification pumps/hoses etc..from different manufacturers ..

Cessna-

I think NEVC can help with pricing issues when suppliers are overcharging for their

services. It's not one or two stations in Nebraska that have this problem. 

The more people rant -n- rave about this to the station management, the better

chance something will get done.  I was looking at the replies & letters to the editor

section  on the NEVC website a few days ago, and it looks like they pursue pricing

issues alot more agressively now. 

I was looking up pricing of E85 in Colorado this morning, and noticed the one or two

independent station chains that just entered the marketplace are the ones with the most

aggressive pricing, and the stations that have been in it the longest are priced much more

narrow( 13-14%).  This still looks like a supplier problem , to me. Most of the stations that

are off the mark , are off by the same amount(more or less)..