Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Check E85 Prices on Your Cell Phone

Dan, Not sure if I know how to report right, but Galva IA was $1.989 a few days ago. I posted this two days ago when I clicked on Iowa on the forum but just tried the link you just showed using Iowa instead of WI and Galva didn't show up.

Marty

Guess, this feature (Cell phone e-85 locator) is another reason for me to jump in on this craze! However, on my way from Omaha to KC, Mo last week end driving on I-29 I thought that it would be nice is some Ethanol promoting organization would supply stations that install e-85 pumps with a sticker that identifies e-85 that could be applied to the interstate signs that show gasoline at the next exit. Garmin GPS systems out of KC, MO might be another source for getting the word out on where to locate e-85.

Finally, with regards to 10% ethanol or "plus" i've noted some brands seem to be consistent in charging a higher price when the blender credit should have the opposite effect. I wrote Loves travel Service about my displeasure after stopping their Sy Joes, MO facility---

Last Sunday I stopped for a fill, and was deeply disappointed to see that you are selling reg gas for 2.79 and 10% Ethanol for a higher amount. Most of us in the cornbelt area are aware of the generous blender fuel tax credit of $.51 and appreciate those fuel distributors who are helping the promotion of Ethanol. I stopped to see if you were offering e-85 pumps then concluded it was just as well that you dont't as you probally would sale that for more than premium!

Just learned that Garmin GPS  Street Pilot system has a software update that you can download onto your computer then send it to your GPS unit. This unit will then let you find stations as you travel that sale e-85. I need to talk to Garmin Tech support as their "how to" directions aren't that clear! Wonder if "onstar' offers this service!

Just learned that Garmin GPS  Street Pilot system has a software update that you can download onto your computer then send it to your GPS unit. This unit will then let you find stations as you travel that sale e-85. I need to talk to Garmin Tech support as their "how to" directions aren't that clear! Wonder if "onstar' offers this service!

I'll have to download that.  I wonder if they have that update any Garmin model?

As I understand it, the file can be transfered to any of the street pilot systems. You have to download two files. One is  called a Point of Interest Loader (POI loader program). The other is http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/POISource/

a file "download the original CSV file" I've found Garmin's tech support to be very good. Their number is 800-800-1020. Option 2, then 1. I just updated my system.. Instead of touching the Fuel Icon on the main menu. you 1st click "my location then "custom POIs"