Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Albany Campus Mobil 32% spread

Anyone know whats going on in New York..  I've been getting really great price spread reports 30% and higher  $1.99 E85 as a "set" price .

I called the Albany Campus Mobil today to verify the price ..(because it is well outside standard for that region)  sure enough $1.99

Not sure if this is a month long introdctory pricing scheme to attract / create a Market or if it really is going to be a normal price spread for them ..

Dosent New York still truck in all their ethanol ? or did a new ethanol plant go up in New York ?

There's a plant under construction in Shelby, NY ( near Buffalo )  and a few others I've heard of,

but can't find the info. They may be demo plants ..

If E85 is shipped in or blended elsewhere the  alky could be coming in from Indiana. 

A listing of current plants & projects : http://www.ethanolrfa.org/industry/locations

there's also a link to a nifty map in .pdf format just above the table.

There's a plant under construction in Shelby, NY ( near Buffalo )  and a few others I've heard of,

but can't find the info. They may be demo plants ..

If E85 is shipped in or blended elsewhere the  alky could be coming in from Indiana. 

A listing of current plants & projects : http://www.ethanolrfa.org/industry/locations

there's also a link to a nifty map in .pdf format just above the table.

well if they are trucking it in I dont see hwo they can get to $1.99 ..outlaw ?

Maybe somebody is getting it in on a rail car and blending it out there. You never know? I've been thinking if I ever move back to Virginia where I was raised, maybe I could set up some E85 only refueling outlets in the more populated areas. Then get the ethanol plants I'm in to send me a few rail cars every now and then at wholesale and sell it at Utica's prices-----do you think I'd be sabotaged? :)

Marty

With wholesale ethanol prices as they are, rail freight from Midwest to New Jersey only 8-9 cents, and cheaper gas in New York to blend it with-- this is very possible, particularly if someone out there is moving the alcohol direct off the rail or if New York has tax credits for E85 (or less state road tax to start with- WI is $0.329/ gallon + $0.184 Federal). I think this looks like someone is doing what I have been preaching- keeping extra fingers out of the pie ;) There are some independent ethanol terminals going up around the country that off-load rail to storage to truck- maybe that is the route they are taking.

Yes Cessna- that would be pretty sweet if you would do that in Virginia- there are folks out there that would love to see this happen- of course there are those other guys that would like to squish you too!

interesting.. well it certainly is a region to keep an eye on .. I didnt post the first few e85 prices that were submitted because it looked very suspicious..just didnt seem possible for that region.. until I called and verified .

very nice to see.. now going to be intersting to see if they can sustain the spread 

Sounds doable.  Plus the 54 cent tariff, it's still going to be pretty cheap at the harbor.

Who is doing the blending & delivery ?? Anyone we've heard of before ??

Could the two ethanol plants in New York state be finished already ??