Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Felmy said E85 ‘‘can fry the engine” (Can I slap this guy ?)

The Marland Gazette does a story on E85 by Interviewing the Oil Indistry ! lol

"It’s not cheap setting up the new equipment to dispense E85. John Felmy, chief economist with the American Petroleum Association, estimates it would cost $200,000 per station to add E85 to its lineup of fuels.

Flexible fuel vehicles are coming slowly to American roads. Felmy said E85 ‘‘can fry the engine” of a conventional vehicle,.."

http://www.gazette.net/stories/042106/businew180547_31954.shtml

It can fry a non-converted engine due to lean air/fuel mixture, but so can gasoline with clogged up injectors.

It does plug the fuel filter after several tanks from cleaning the deposits of gasoline crud.  After the filter is changed the system stays clean. 

It also may take out your fuel pump if it badly worn or if the seals are incompatible.

Come on now.  This guy likley has an agenda; but, any engine running lean is going to be an issue if it continues.  It doesn't matter what the fuel is.  It is; however, absolutely true that Ethanol runs at between 9 & 10 stoich when compared to 14.64 for gasoline.  A conversation kit is required to prevent the dangerous lean condition.

Come on now.  This guy likley has an agenda; but, any engine running lean is going to be an issue if it continues.  It doesn't matter what the fuel is.  It is; however, absolutely true that Ethanol runs at between 9 & 10 stoich when compared to 14.64 for gasoline.  A conversation kit is required to prevent the dangerous lean condition.

So you're suggesting I cant slap him because he's partically right  >:(  :D

Dan.  Last I checked we are still somewhat of a free country.  If it brings a smile to your face, slap him.  Just remember the Libertarian point of view.  If I swing my arm and don't make any contact with you, the constitution says I can do whatever I want.  Now, we know that our Government won't let that happen even though they are sworn to uphold the constitution.  If you can figure out a way to swing you arm and slap him without violating his rights and without going to jail.... Slap away.  ;):) ;D

Dan.  Last I checked we are still somewhat of a free country.  If it brings a smile to your face, slap him.  Just remember the Libertarian point of view.  If I swing my arm and don't make any contact with you, the constitution says I can do whatever I want.  Now, we know that our Government won't let that happen even though they are sworn to uphold the constitution.  If you can figure out a way to swing you arm and slap him without violating his rights and without going to jail.... Slap away.   ;):) ;D

Naturally I mean a virtual slap .. virtually knock some sense into him .. he wont feel anything but I'll feel a hell of a lot better

:D