Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Colorado E85Prices.com new drop down menues and mapping

OK Colorado ..your State is finished.

The new script is installed.

You no longer have to type out anything except the prices .

The Station, City and addresses are all in drop down menu boxes !  AND the script creates and auto link to your station !

I made a Fort Collins on Drake submission so you can check out how how the map link works

http://e85prices.com/colorado.html

I have about to populate the database for the drop down menues for rest of the States ..about 1200 listings .. so going to take me a few days.

You guys see any "bugs"  let me know

Well the first "bug" is it isnt working correctly in IE..works in Firefox.  So if you want to test it today..you'll need firefox browser .

My database guy lives in the UK which works out nice because he can work on it when it's the middle of the night here in the States. Dont have to worry about the site being down during the day if things go wrong.

That's going to be very nice though and make it a lot easier for making price submissions And for simply browsing and having a map for every location available.

Guest colchiro

Oh yeah. Now I see it.

It accepted a submission from me (IE7), even tho the city wasn't available.

Been there before. I've had apps ready to go in FF, only to find out they didn't work in IE.

Oh yeah. Now I see it.

It accepted a submission from me (IE7), even tho the city wasn't available.

Been there before. I've had apps ready to go in FF, only to find out they didn't work in IE.

Actually submision wiothout using the drop down menu is stillenabled until I am finsihed popuating the database with all the Stations, Cities/..etc..

but yes you do see that the drop down menus are not working in IE   

I think he will find a solution tonight..the script is suppose to work in IE 6 + as well as Opera and Firefox

Just a note, I dropped by the new E-85 outlet in Longmont Co. yesterday they are pumping at $2.39 per gallon right now but I forgot to notice the regular unleaded price, best guess about $3.00/gal but will check that.

In the process I looked at your submission page and noticed a listing I think is either bogus or in error.

$1.99 $2.99 33% 2007-07-07 Denver 53rd and Mission BroncoFan

I know of no E85 station that fits that discription, I can find no Mission street off of 53rd in Denver, so either that is a false report or a miss-statement of another location like the Barns Conoco Store at 295 south Broadway which does sell for about that price historically although I have not been down there recently.

Just a heads up -- that discription does not show up in the other price/location listings either.

http://afdcmap2.nrel.gov/locator/findpane.asp

http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?

Larry

Just a note, I dropped by the new E-85 outlet in Longmont Co. yesterday they are pumping at $2.39 per gallon right now but I forgot to notice the regular unleaded price, best guess about $3.00/gal but will check that.

In the process I looked at your submission page and noticed a listing I think is either bogus or in error.

$1.99 $2.99 33% 2007-07-07 Denver 53rd and Mission BroncoFan

I know of no E85 station that fits that discription, I can find no Mission street off of 53rd in Denver, so either that is a false report or a miss-statement of another location like the Barns Conoco Store at 295 south Broadway which does sell for about that price historically although I have not been down there recently.

Just a heads up -- that discription does not show up in the other price/location listings either.

http://afdcmap2.nrel.gov/locator/findpane.asp

http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?

Larry

Thanks Larry ..

I've been meaning to delete that submission ...we've ben so busy trying to get everything working correctly

What happens is that every so often a new station is pumping E85 that no one else has in their database either ....and since they are new they dont have  a yellow pages listing yet ...cant be found on the internet etc... so we have to make a determination whether the place is actually there or not .

As more people are using E85 the reporting because more accurate as people speak up like you did and say... hey theres no station or yeah new station opened 2 weeks ago ...

Sometimes they just dont feel right..as in why isnt anyone else reporting a price at this station when the spread is so wide...which was the case with this submission

Apprecite the heads up Larry

Guest colchiro

Hi Dan,

Submitted my first entry yesterday with the new system.... Pretty slick.

I noticed several duplicate cities for MN. I'm not sure if you entered all those manually or if it was part of an automatic process. It's just an appearance issue. I appreciate your use of an Ajax script instead of loading another page. ;)

My only complaint is having to retype my name and email each time. Usually Firefox remembers that for me. I don't know if it's because the page doesn't validate or if it's due to missing id tags for those two fields or if it's due to use of the fieldset. I suppose a cookie script could repopulate those fields. Still it's a work in progress and much better than what we had last week. Keep up the good work...

Hi Dan,

Submitted my first entry yesterday with the new system.... Pretty slick.

I noticed several duplicate cities for MN. I'm not sure if you entered all those manually or if it was part of an automatic process. It's just an appearance issue. I appreciate your use of an Ajax script instead of loading another page. ;)

My only complaint is having to retype my name and email each time. Usually Firefox remembers that for me. I don't know if it's because the page doesn't validate or if it's due to missing id tags for those two fields or if it's due to use of the fieldset. I suppose a cookie script could repopulate those fields. Still it's a work in progress and much better than what we had last week. Keep up the good work...

Thanks Rick..  most of the dups were from thinking I needed a to repeat Cities for multiple stations in the same City (instead of simply associating multiple stations on the same city..duh ;))..  there may be 20 or so total..

I belive the issue with your name may be because I have guest posting on(not requiring a login right now) ..I simply approve the listings in the admin panel... Are you logging in and cookies are still not working ?