Sign in to follow this  
BJoe

New Thorntons-West Chicago

It's currently a fenced off lot where State Route 59 passes over State Route 38 (also known as Roosevelt Road) that has had a bunch of work being done to it over the last year, but now there's a Thornton's banner hanging up on the fence where it runs along Rt. 59.  Kinda looking forward to it since it's a mile or so from home and now that Thornton's has started selling E15 in the Chicagoland area, I have a much closer source to fill my 200 with E85 and for E15 to put in my XJ Cherokee!

Here's a picture I shot of the site for Aaron yesterday, it goes on for two blocks and I'm kinda wondering if it will be big enough to have at least a could medium and heave truck diesel pumps besides the car and light truck pumps. Being right where two major state highways meet, a couple pumps for the big diesel pumps would make fantastic sense, since the two closest to here are a couple miles west at the BP on Rt38 and Washington St./Fabian Pkwy. here in West Chicago as well as the newly opened (and having E85 pumps for all!!) Speedway near Fermilab at Kirk and Wilson in Batavia.

post-2386-0-03230000-1472405270_thumb.jpg

Haven't taken pics in a while,but it is getting close to being finished, pumps are in, sign is up along Rt. 38, just waiting for them to finish things up and open the doors!

Sounds like this station will be having a meet and greet tomorrow, will have to check them out after I leave the office tomorrow night!

Station is now open, looks a lot like the Farnsworth Ave and Bilter location in the store, has the same options for light duty vehicles, plus has a few big truck pumps with at least 1 DEF pump.