Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Speedway renovations in Hartland, MI

I caught a tip about this via GasBuddy. I go to Livingston County frequently, but I typically avoid Hartland. Not anymore! I'm elated for this store to get E85. I'm told however that it isn't scheduled to open until two days after Christmas. I saw this story that says it is expected to be the first of its kind. More to come. For now, here is the news story I found about it, from my favorite radio station.

Drivers heading through Hartland Township on M-59 likely have noticed a change of scenery on the southeast corner with Old US-23. Where once stood the Speedway gas station, now sits a mostly empty parcel with bulldozers and dump trucks busily working to replace that facility. The new 6,100 square foot fuel and retail center is being called the first of its kind for Speedway. The new building will feature a café, gas station and retail space and when completed will be one of the largest in the chain. There will be nine self-service islands instead of the three at the old station. The company purchased a neighboring lot to expand the property from 2.34 acres to 3.64 acres. In order to expand the building, the driveway into the Fountain Walk strip-mall is being moved east nearly 50 feet. In addition, the old underground fuel storage tanks have been removed and replaced with new environmentally safe tanks. The project, which is expected to cost more than $1.5 million, is planned to be complete by mid-December. (JK)

http://whmi.com/news/article/26277

That is very close to me.  I will swing by later on and see if I can find out if they are going to add E85 at that location.  It is a good location- right off US-23. 

There used to be a Mobil station next door- that is what they are combining lots with. 

We shall see what it turns out to be. 

Speedway (Marathon Oil) has been on the leading edge of adding  E85 pumps when they redo stations.  I would say it is at least as likely as not to be a flex-fuel station when it reopens.  We can hope. 

JIm

That is very close to me.  I will swing by later on and see if I can find out if they are going to add E85 at that location.  It is a good location- right off US-23. 

There used to be a Mobil station next door- that is what they are combining lots with. 

We shall see what it turns out to be. 

Speedway (Marathon Oil) has been on the leading edge of adding  E85 pumps when they redo stations.  I would say it is at least as likely as not to be a flex-fuel station when it reopens.  We can hope. 

JIm

All new and rebuilt Speedway stations will have E85. The only concern I have is how many E85 pumps it will have. I'm praying it'll have E85 at every pump like the Batavia, IL store does.