Sign in to follow this  
BJoe

Mighty Car Mods and E85

This just popped up on my YouTube account, they're proponents on E85 as a performance fuel and have a number of their forced induction hot rod projects drinking the stuff.

BTW, I kept hearing George Jones singing "White Lightening" as I watched Moog in the lab at the ethanol plant :P

Edited by BJoe

Nice video. I did think they were over critical of ethanol per the need to appear fair or unbiased to viewers. For example the question "can ethanol meet the world's fuel needs?" and the quick answer is always no! That answer is not well thought out. There are many pathways were ethanol can easily accomplish this. The biological solution is just developing and appears to be indeed powerful. Same with solutions of chemical, catalysts, processing, distribution, GMO, argonomics, and the avalanche of technology that appears to indeed empower non fossil fuel production. The worlds supply of ineffective or poor land acres is indeed massive and can apparently be enlisted in the GW endeavor for fuel production. This is good for environment and commerce. Same with all the waste wood within forests that need to be managed to minimize fire risk, increase growth rates, and maximize forestry worth and expansion. Think of the huge benefit of waste ethanol and the combining of processes such as CHP, algae, anaerobic digester, biomass fuel, feed, food, soil amendments, and fertilizer. The logistics of powering these processes and providing fertilizer needs may be suitable for on site wind or solar power, that again, decrease cost and improve carbon rating. Our farming practices are just starting to adapt and invest in ultra low irrigation practices. We have been spoiled per abundant resources. You can do the math and conclude that the international farm community alone could meet the needs of transportation fuel. The improvement of efficiency and inroads of BEV for light transportation for example make the task easier. Same for hydrogen and natural gas fuel.