dan45mcc

5,000 New E15/E85 Pumps coming

$100 Million In Grants ..!

5,000 pumps offering higher blends of ethanol nationwide. 

Fact Sheet: USDA Invests in Clean Energy Economy, Supporting U.S. Producers and Seeking to Double Number of Higher Blend Renewable Fuel Pumps Available to Consumers

To create new markets for U.S. farmers and ranchers, help Americans save money on their energy bills, support America's clean energy economy, cut carbon pollution, and reduce dependence on foreign oil and costly fossil fuels, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) continues to aggressively pursue investments in American-grown renewable energy.

As part of that commitment, USDA is investing $100 million in clean energy infrastructure that will make more options available to American consumers. USDA recently announced that 21 states will receive the funds, through the Biofuel Infrastructure Partnership, to install nearly 5,000 pumps offering higher blends of ethanol nationwide. This will be made possible by matching the $100 million federal investment with private and state resources at a more than one-to-one ratio. Through the Biofuel Infrastructure Partnership, USDA will test innovative ways to distribute higher blends of renewable fuel. A typical gas pump can deliver fuel that contains a maximum 10 percent ethanol, which limits the amount of renewable energy most consumers can purchase at the pump, despite the fact that our farmers now produce record amounts of renewable biofuels.

This new investment seeks to double the number of fuel pumps capable of supplying higher blends of renewable fuel to consumers, such as E15 and E85. This will also expand markets for farmers and help them diversify their rural energy portfolios, support rural economic growth and the jobs that come with it, and ultimately give consumers more affordable options at the pump.

The United States exported more than $2 billion dollars of ethanol last year, making the United States the world's largest exporter of ethanol. Other countries are investing in clean energy technologies because they realize the tremendous economic potential of these energy sources, and we must do the same to remain competitive.

Still, a combination of factors is creating uncertain times for America's corn and soybean producers. Lower commodity prices and reduced demand for feed as the poultry industry recovers from the highly pathogenic avian influenza virus are putting pressure on producers and sectors of the U.S. economy. These competitive grants will create additional markets for feedstock commodities and will be funded through USDA's Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC), which was created to stabilize, support, and protect farm income and prices.

Increased domestic production and use of renewable energy, paired with growing renewable energy exports, has the potential to support hundreds of thousands of jobs in rural communities. This announcement builds on USDA's ongoing efforts to work with farmers and ranchers to support a robust clean energy economy in rural America, including:

http://www.fsa.usda.gov/programs-and-services/energy-programs/.

I hate to be cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

As I stated when I spoke in front of the EPA back in June, my biggest concern is now how all of these stations have 10-12 fuel pumps, with E85 at only 2 of them. If you price E85 even a little bit better, and put it at more than one set of pumps, you'll sell so much, your head will spin. I guarantee it. That's something I'd like to see change. Thanks to Meijer and Speedway, northern lower Michigan, and now the Upper Peninsula, are slowly beginning to fill in. This has been a number one concern of mine from day one, and it's slowly being addressed. Slow and steady wins the race. Meijer has announced plans to build stores in the Canadian border town of Sault Ste Marie, in the north central UP town of Marquette, and down near the southern tip with Wisconsin, in the town of Escanaba.

Say, ya been to da UP eh?

It's been 3 years,  RVP season is ending and E15 season is coming back around on the 15th.  I think it might be time to Prime the Pump (http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles/15498/on-the-brandwagon) and start looking for these E15 pumps, if only to find the E85 pumps next to them.  Energy.gov (https://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_e15.html) says that E15 is sold at 1,400 stations.  e85prices has 973 stations listed that sell E15, and I just added one today, fixing to add another after this.  As a bonus, both of those were previous unlisted E85 stations as well.  Good hunting!