Seriously come on Guys I posted prices a few days ago that are not been approved yet either..it's really not that difficult to log in a  few times during the day and approve prices.. it is VERY important that this is done every few hours ..ESPECIALLY considering it is a high travel weekend ..Labor Day

We have one employee that is supposed to be approving prices, but apparently that has not been happening at the frequency that was expected. I assure you that the issue will be resolved, and business will get back to usual ASAP.

Robert

RFA

This has been going on for a while now. One employee is not able to do it all, especially if we expect (or hope) for site traffic to increase. I submitted a station from East Lansing over two weeks ago, and it still shows up. The format of the stations is also a problem. I know that AzDragonLord is not alone.

Then it must be a combination of several things then, as I verify that all prices are confirmed periodically, and did just that before I posted this morning. If a price submission doesn't appear as of 9am Central this morning, it was either not submitted as thought, or there was something off about the submission and it was excluded.

The website and mobile app will both be updated soon. It has taken more time than promised by our developers, but we have been working on this since the purchase of the app and various domains. Both will help us better interact with consumers while reducing the demand of live employees for trivial things that technology can handle.

We are also working on financial incentives that will hopefully soon debut too, which will provide the potential of winning a cash prize for those that submit prices. 

We will fix this interim issue though, that I can promise. I am trying to review the history of submissions vs approvals, but I am not sure that is possible with the current technology of this website. It is definitely part of the new one.

Regards,

Robert

RFA

I too use to post prices very frequently (almost daily). After the acquisition by the RFA the E85 price submissions have just been a joke. It took two whole days after my submission to get it approved. I am no newbie to this site, nor the app for posting prices. I have been very disappointed with the way it has been ran up to this point by the RFA. For the first couple of months during the RFA take over I was working at a station that sells E85 and I attempted to post the price for that station daily. Eventually I got frustrated and gave up posting prices altogether because by the time I went to post a new price the next day my previous days (which was at least 24 hrs old) had not even been approved yet for the same station. I can handle the android app not working correctly, I can handle it taking 4 hrs even though the app states it will be approved within 3 hrs, but I just don't even see a point with posting prices if it takes 48 hrs to even get it approved. Fuel prices can change daily, even a couple times with in the day. I know there are people who use the app the check prices before fueling and I feel bad that they might expect one price then arrive only to find a different one. I have spoken with numerous customers looking for other locations with in the Dallas Metroplex who offer E85 besides the one or two they are aware of and I have always enlightened them to E85prices. I have spent time at the pumps at work talking to flexfuel owners about the option of using E85 and mentioned the site and app to them as well. I have spent a lot of MY own time trying to help grow E85 use as well as the use of the website and app. So to me it feels like I am not really doing these people a favor when I was not even able to keep daily prices for my station that they frequent. I can not even put into words the frustration I have with this. I honestly hope it turns around very soon, otherwise my participation in this site may cease along with my mention of it to others.

To add to my friend's point, it sounds like we're simply talking about adding new headlights to a totaled car here. If we're talking about mirroring Gasbuddy, which is a system that works, and is an idea I've been suggesting for ages, we should as the system we have does not work. The database is cluttered, and the way the new stations are being added, the addresses are far too long. We do not need to add the city and zip code in the address column when the city already has its own column. The station pins are not appearing on the maps either. What must happen is we must have several people working on prices and the database, not just one person. We need to take input from users, and give them to have say on how the site is operated. One person can not run this aspect of the site alone. It can not be done, no matter how hard you try.

It's imperative that we interact with users, and that we encourage them to interact with each other. While I was part of the administration, I began contacting users, checking on them, asking for their thoughts, etc. We need to do more of that.

I have shared my email multiple times, and here it is again: rwhite@ethanolrfa.org. If you ever see a price that is not approved in a reasonable amount of time, please let me know. If you see station information that is incorrect, you can also email me on the issue.

As for the current website and app, both are archaic and don't allow many functions truly needed to make this the site and app what it could be and what we want it to be. We are essentially starting from scratch on both. These new versions are way behind, as we went with the existing developers, and didn't expect the delays. That said, the new website and new app should be done by the end of the month, and I hope everyone will be happier with the new product.

As for manpower, I appreciate the input. 

Robert

RFA