Sign in to follow this  
storky

Mislabeled Station, Misleading Price Reporting

The station identified in the app as the Citgo, 217 E Irving Park Rd. Wood Dale IL, is actually a BP station with E85 prices much higher than reported.

I diverted from a local station to take advantage of a significantly lower price only to learn that the station changes hands at some point and the currently reported price (same day) was false. E85 cost $0.45 more than reported. I would like to think this is a one time error, but today's reported price, from the same party, is false yet again. I would be suspicious of prices reported by that contributor.

Yesterday, there was price posting for a structure-free, fenced property that was former a Speedway station at 885 E. Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018. 

This station has been closed since mid-August. Moreover, the Speedway IOS app acknowledges its absence. One wonders what station it is mistaken for because no other station in Des Plaines carries E85.

http://e85vehicles.com/e85/index.php?/topic/7050-closed-stationsstations-that-have-pulled-e85/

BTW, still getting incorrect data for the BP station at 217 E Irving Park Rd. Wood Dale IL

post-2371-0-07190300-1442423096_thumb.png

Edited by storky