mjsilverado

Possible new USA 2 GO station in Okemos, MI. E85?

In Okemos, MI on Okemos Rd just North of I96 they are building a new gas station. They appear to now be doing the digging up front for the tanks and pumps. I believe it will be a Sunoco as one of the construction workers (while at Culvers next door) said the new building was housing a Dunkin Donuts and a Jimmy Johns and since the Sunoco just up the block currenty has a Dunkin Donuts my guess is the entire gas station is moving off the corner of Okemos and Jolly rds to this new location. I can't really confirm this but hoping whatever gas station it ends up being will have E85.

I know! I've actually been driving by it a lot whenever I come from the south side of Lansing, as the back roads east of Okemos actually seem to be a faster way back to Haslett. I've also been taking Okemos Road (and turning onto the drive next to the station) when I come back from checking on the new Speedway store on Jolly/Dunckel (yes, I hate taking Jolly so I drive around it), and because of the detour at Sandhill/Okemos roads.

Anyhow, here's what I know.

I did some digging, and found meeting minutes for either Delhi Township, Meridian Township, or Ingham County (suddenly can't remember which), and I found where the site plan had been approved by a local board with no objection whatsoever. It will be a USA 2 Go location, which as some of you may recall, owns the North Latson Sunoco in Howell, and the new Shell we got on Citygate Drive off of Beck in Novi. They are also building a brand new USA 2 Go Shell station right at the Latson Road exit off I-96 in Howell. They seem committed to E85, but I of course don't know for certain either. What strikes me as odd is that USA 2 Go has been building Shell franchises recently, and they build Tim Hortons stores to go alongside. To my knowledge, the Sunoco right at Jolly/Okemos Roads is NOT owned by USA 2 Go. It was formerly a BP that switched branding after the deepwater horizon spill debacle in 2010.

Well shoot you are on top of everything. Thanks for the additional info and the additional uncertainties we must now ponder. Now how do I change the title of this topic from Sunoco to USA 2 Go? Oh, and I absolutely agree that stretch of Jolly is in horrible condition.

I'll go ahead and change it. Anyways, I like to have as much Intel at my disposal as possible! I hate to brag, but if we had more people like myself, the others on this site, the folks in the RFA, and the folks in the AFDC, the E85 stations database soil be much more up to date and we may even have more stations!

Not to go too far off topic, but the condition of Jolly is only part of why I avoid it. Yes, it's ridden with potholes, as are most roads in Michigan. But have you ever heard of a song called "I can't drive 55", by Sammy Hagar? It's effectively an anthem to me. I always end up behind someone going 45 through a 55. And then when I pass them, I end up just beating them to the red light at Jolly and College.

But anyhow, I just had to have an entire alignment done on the Charger. This is the THIRD since I got it just over a year ago. That's $106 I didn't have. I was bummed that the road proposal at the beginning of May failed, but I'm even more angry at how that's all our state government could come up with. Not to mention the city council in Lansing voted to give themselves a 20% pay raise, and here the roads in Lansing are TERRIBLE. The mayor of Lansing is now making $130k a year. I normally don't like to discuss politics here because of the wide array of views between the different members, but this particular issue makes my blood boil. I thought it'd be comical to write a letter and send a copy of it with a copy of my recent alignment bill to Lansing's mayor, the state governor, and some members of congress.

So how have the USA 2 GO price spreads been at other locations around the state?

And on an off topic note I was leaving Chicago a few years back and they had lots of rain causing flooding that closed the freeway I would have taken to get back to MI. They forced me onto a detour thru the city steets to get out of town. It was dark, raining, with poorly lite streets and I ended up hitting a deep pothole that popped my front tire and cracked my rim on my Subaru. What a wonderful thing to happen at 11pm on a Sunday night somewhere in South Chicago. Long story short I sent the city my bill, stayed persistent on following up to make sure they knew I was not just going to let it go and low and behold about a year later, lol, I got a check in the mail from them to coverage the damages.

I think right now we only have the two, actually. But it's been all over the place for them. Right now, their spreads are actually fantastic. As far as I know, 60 cents in Howell and $1 in Novi. They seem to want it to sell, and they have it at 4 pumps instead of 2 at the Novi location.

And wow, that's awesome! Makes me consider being less cynical in my letters lol