TD

Shell Introduces New Nitro+ Premium Fuel Nationwide

She did just tell me that she had put some Mobil in it to get it to another Shell station......especially after seeing this at one not far from home!

6472_zpsa48twnso.jpeg

An article from UK "Fuel for your lovin'? V-Power Nitro+ under the microscope" interesting. It was a puff piece, a hard hitting infomercial and most of the comments were paid for with the obligatory hope that the fuel had less ethanol. Of course another supporter commented on the post saying likewise with experience of wrecking his motorcycle fuel tank and rusted carb. Just pure BS paid for by corp money. This is common nowadays to pay commentators and throw some money at blogs if they trash competition and support the sponsor. Also, very popular starting with the last two Presidential elections. It's deceitful, dishonest and should be banned. However, one post per specific details appears authentic. This guy had a regular commute that would be a perfect test. He ran regular grade gas station Super Unleaded and then the V-Power Nitro+. He ran the test for full year with mpg and comments of power, sound, motor operation, etc. He alternated every two months and filled at the same gas stations. No difference at all! But he will occasional fill up on the stuff to clean his engine, nonetheless. So, marketing is a very powerful force indeed even if you have the evidence to the contrary. You have to clean your engine don't you know. 

I've mentioned before how I don't understand how Canadians can afford to drive cars. Most of their fuel converts to around $4/gallon. I decided to stop off on Wellington Road in London, Ontario coming back from driving my mom to Toronto Friday morning. I have decided to make this a mandatory stop just to take a temperature of fuel prices in Canada every time I'm in the country.

I found a PetroCanada station that was carrying 94 octane gasoline for $1.409/litre... which converts to $4.32/gallon! But anyways, also off that exit is the Shell station I posted a picture of earlier in May. In much of Canada, from what I've learned, Shell premium gasoline is ethanol-free. A couple other chains do that too apparently. What's even more interesting is that this Shell gasoline is only 91 octane... meaning you are being freaking ripped off. Yes, it's the V-Power nitro stuff. One Shell station had the 91 octane V-power Nitro+ at 140.9 cents/litre, and the one I've mentioned before in London had it for 145.9 cents/litre... $4.515/gallon! What the heck would it be if oil prices weren't low?

post-2293-0-65777800-1434590006_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-26150600-1434590025_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-60255700-1434590044_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-76498800-1434590077_thumb.jpg