Sign in to follow this  
Wintermute

My Escape got whacked....

Sad day....   my 2010 Escape got whacked by a guy who decided to race the red light but didn't make it..  

He scraped all the way down the front of my truck - $4100 in damage.

He didn't have insurance or even a drivers license, but he did at least stick around and didn't make a break for it - which was rather surprising.

Truck is gonna be in the shop for six days while they put it all back together....   at least it wasn't totaled though..  but still gonna cost me $500 for my deductible. :(

Sorry to hear about your (now narrow) Escape . :o

I've had several close calls with folks running red,  Just got back from  visiting a recuperating family member --

riding a city bus that got knocked on it's side by someone running red.  They said it couldn't be done...  Ha!!

So I'm a Blue Oval guy, but I am really impressed with this Impala.    The power, the style, the driving feel...   it's probably the best sedan I have ever driven.   I haven't drove the new Ford Taurus, but there's a reason the 2015 Chevy Impala got Car of the Year.   It deserved it.

The Escape went back into the shop this morning - the Air-Conditioner stopped working last night, and I was seeing "green" fluid down by the Condenser/Radiator.    Dewey Ford was very helpful and were getting it back in ASAP to get it fixed up.    Hopefully it's just some fittings, and not a cracked condenser/Radiator.

Well, they couldn't find the leak, filled it back up with Freon, ran it for a 1/2 hour, and said to give them a ring if I had any more problems.

I took it home, noticed green radiator fluid down on the support brace, I took the garden hose and cleared it out, and then listened real close to the condenser..   I could swear I could hear the leak, but thought it might just be the AC Coolant pressure equalizing after I turned off the engine...

This morning, my fears were confirmed, as I had no AC again.    I'll be checking for coolant tonight, but it gets to go back into the shop on Tuesday morning....

Dewey i handling it great...   Being an Engineer, I know how these things can go...