Fuelinggood

Warning - Station Count will be dropping...

I thought I would give all of you a head's up, changes are coming in the E85 station count. RFA has worked closely with the Department of Energy to verify each station on their database and the one that lives at E85prices.com. In the end, DOE's number will be growing, and our number will be dropping. We are in the final stages of verification, but I anticipate a 10-15% drop, if not more.

As always, please keep submitting new stations, changes to existing stations and deletions. The number of E85 stations will continue to grow. I personally know of hundreds scheduled for debut, and they are all over the country.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Robert

Part of our problem too is some duplicates. I've been working on shoring those up. We also have some false leads in there, and a few stations that appear to have dropped E85.

However, as Dan has been, I'm keeping up on the news stories, and I'm watching both Meijer and Speedway very closely. Both are adding stores at a good clip. We can expect at least a dozen to 18 or so new Meijer stores annually, and several dozen Speedway locations, especially as the RFS volumes increase steadily. 

I found my first station removal in a long time yesterday- one in Canton, michigan that always had a poor price spread. 

I hadn't gone by in since last December- but yesterday I tried to stop in for fuel, and found that the E85 was gone, replaced by diesel. 

Oh well. 

Michigan is doing pretty well overall.  It's to the point now where I can just about always find a station within 10 miles of anywhere I have to go. 

Hope the East Coast gets some more stations soon.  New England is especially sparse. 

The duplicates were part of the problem, along with stations that simply never had E85, or have dropped it for E0, diesel, or back to premium. We are all tracking the news stories, and we have multiple sources sending us updates. The ethanol industry has provided funding for close to 300 new stations, all are under development. We will know on the RFS numbers soon, but it doesn't appear the numbers will be increasing as the law was written.