Sign in to follow this  
Fuelinggood

Kum & Go to offer E15, more E85

In case you missed the good news this morning, Kum & Go will begin offering E15 in Iowa this week. This was part of a more major announcement, which included 65 total new E15 stations in 7 states. Three of those states will be new for E15.

http://www.ethanolrfa.org/news/entry/kum-go-to-introduce-e15-in-seven-states/

Keep in mind, if these stations do not already offer E85, they will. Until E15 is offered by fuel terminals, the most efficient way to offer E15 is by diluting E85 at the station with E10.

Robert

across seven states: Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, South Dakota, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

What happened to ND? I've seen lots of Kum & Go stations in ND/MN.

So, the E85 driver will splash blend the E15? The blender pump does solve complexity and offers maximum benefit to retail, consumers, and ethanol supply chain. The road to most competitive status of ethanol, lies with ethanol plant blending of E85 and retail delivery to nearby markets. This would mean ethanol production states would benefit most from production and consumption of the fuel. This is good per proving to other states the benefits of doing likewise. My guess, per the Cummin's success of optimized E85 engine, you will see diesel manufactures offering SI E85 engine options per the low cost of conversion. Farm equipment would be among the first. 

Of the K & G stores with E85  around where I live , none have blender pumps.

I would expect the store owners will take one ( or more ) E85  pumps on an island

and "tune" it for E15.  Some K & G  stores have a total of 32 pumps  -- back-to-back,

4 dispensers per island.  Requires alot of space,  but out here in the west, we have it....