dan45mcc

RFA acquires E85Prices.com

RFA acquires E85Prices.com

Well by now most of you have heard the News that the RFA has acquired e85prices.com and E85Vehicles.com .

You all are part of a second family to me and as such you deserve to see the reasoning for my departure.  

As many of you know I work full time driving City bus ..between those 40 hours and working 30-40 hours a week on websites for a long time was actually fun and challenging. But this past year I’ve had a recurrence of cancer and and had over 40 Dr visits, chemo and radiation.

The Good news is everything is in remission but I need to slow down and cut my hours from 80 to 40 and that is really the bottom line . Just time for me to relax a bit more and let someone else lead E85Prices through this phase.  

I absolutely wanted to make sure that E85Prices.com stayed within the Ethanol family and so I am extremely pleased that we were able to make  a deal with the RFA.

They have the resources to add all those new features and tools to the websites that you guys are always looking for. (so get your requests in ! ;)

Member Robert White and Matt Stuckey (IT) and our very own Aaron Walsh (Joining the RFA team)……    with the RFA is who you want to shout at now when New Stations aren’t being added fast enough or Phone numbers need changed etc..  ;)

Running these types of websites are new to them so patience when needed please. I didn’t realize how complex it had grown until I was helping them get accustomed to where everything is  and how the sites all work.  I will still be around and help on when called on.  

I’m not going anywhere ,I still fully support E85 and it’s the only fuel that goes into my Jeep  and will still be participating in the forums.. just slowing down and passing on the workload

You all are the backbone the foundation of E85Prices.com Everyone helping everyone else locate the best E85 Prices.. which Stations to support and who too shame on pricing ..This community is having a much larger effect on E85 policy than you may initially realize, remember it is your voice, your money , when you pull up to the pump YOU decide who to support and that is what makes E85 superior and deserves the support because it enpowers the consumer.

I’ll close with ..THANK YOU !

This has to be one of the most behaved forums on the internet .. !! 

Dan McCullough

RFA Acquires E85Prices.com
Posted on February 25, 2015 by Cindy Zimmerman
e85prices-comThe Renewable Fuels Association (RFA) has acquired E85prices.com, which is a crowdsourced website that offers updated prices for E85 and other ethanol flex-fuels – including E15 – from thousands of stations across the country. In addition to E85prices.com, RFA acquired 11 new websites and a new mobile app to strengthen its online presence and its ability to provide up-to-the-minute information on the availability and pricing of E85 and other ethanol flex-fuels.

E85prices.com and E85vehicles.com are the most visited of the 12 new sites now owned by RFA, with E85prices.com receiving approximately 4 million hits last year. E85prices.com has been a go-to source for consumers seeking E85 pricing information to help make informed fuel purchase decisions. The website also maintains a station locator, a database of all existing E85 stations and blender pump locations, and an online forum. Meanwhile, E85vehicles.com helps consumers locate or identify a flex-fuel vehicle (FFV).

“As the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) continues to be discussed in Congress, and the 2014-2016 RFS requirements remain under consideration at Environmental Protection Agency, we believe it is more important than ever to provide concrete information to decision-makers about E85, E15, and other flex-fuels,” said RFA vice president of Industry Relations Robert White. “At the same time, consumers are looking for more information on renewable fuels, and these websites have provided that service to millions of unique visitors each year.”

In July of 2014, RFA cited E85prices.com when it called on the Department of Energy (DOE) to update their Alternative Fuels Data Center (AFDC) database which was missing nearly 1,000 stations. RFA will continue its efforts to ensure all station databases reflect the real world, and will work with DOE to fix the current discrepancies in their database.

The information on E85prices.com is crowdsourced, but White says RFA will confirm all station locations and ensure they are offering higher-level fuel blends.

I caught up with White as he arrive in Phoenix for the start of the 2015 Commodity Classic and he explained how important this acquisition is for the industry and consumers.

I have to say that it is a privilege and an honor to be given this responsiblity, and I'm more than excited to get started!

For those of you who do not have my phone number, contact me via personal message (don't want to share it too publicly), and that way you can make sure I don't miss any submissions or errors.

Dan, I've extended this offer to you via PM, and it remains just as solid of an offer as it was the first time I put it out there. If you need anything from me, let me know. I can scrape up some funds to come over there.

All:

You have my personal and professional commitment that we will dedicate the resources necessary to advance this platform, along with all of the other assets. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with ideas and/or concerns. My email is rwhite@ethanolrfa.org. I want to thank Dan for his leadership and commitment. We are also very happy that Aaron will be joining our effort too.

We will continue to provide updates as they are warranted.

Robert

Thank you for your time spent with us as well as setting up and running this site Dan. I wish you the best with your health and hope that it continues to get better for you.

Good luck, Dan.  I really enjoy your site , and visit daily.  

I'll be working to get prices here in Colorado in line with the rest of the country.

Thanks for your efforts.