Ethanol_Addict

RaceTrac Stores

Ok so RaceTrac has two more stores that are carrying E85.

RaceTrac #2306

3310 South Cooper Street

Arlington, TX 76015

RaceTrac #2377

2236 North Main Street

Cleburne, TX 76031

There is one other store currently under remodel and I am unsure if it will carry E85 yet. I heard of a possible new store as well in the area, but it is not under construction yet so not sure if it will carry E85 or not. Also, the store I work at is still supposed to receive a remodel so I hope with the remodel we will get E85 added.

I guess that could be why the prices look so good. Part of it is the fixed 50 cent spread Kroger has. I heard from a little birdy that RaceTrac is making a good profit on the E85 even at current prices. So, it kind of causes me to wonder who is eating the loss in profit that there must be in ethanol right now. Are the ethanol refineries taking a hit in the pocket book? Don't get me wrong I love the cheap prices we are seeing, but I don't want to wind up paying $3 or $4 a gallon later this year for E85 because the ethanol refineries are hurting from these cheap prices. I also wonder if E85 sales has increased with cheaper E85 pump prices, or if it has declined due to gasoline being so cheap right now.

EA, good day!

I am not an insider, but I think E-85 sales have fallen dramatically due exclusively to gas prices. I am still buying the same amount as I always have, never waivering. But I am not quite so sure that it's selling well at all at this point. Of course I am referring to NE Wisconsin. Not sure about other areas and what everyone else is seeing.

I used to see other people using E-85 pumps. I have not seen a single othe person buying it since before Halloween. Scary, isn't it? Get it? Haloween. Scary. I better show myself out now.

Edited by Steve-O

You are correct Steve. I'm even seeing flex fuel state of Michigan vehicles and MDOT (MI Dept of Transportation) filling with gasoline. I think when the prices get this low, people think that the E85 price is too good to be true. Plus, with gasoline being this cheap, people don't really see much need to save any more money.

Even with the price spread going down to $.70 a gallon, it looks like use of E85 is still increasing here. I have had a lot of people come in to my store and ask about the price spread though. Yellow hose has really done well with the advertising and word of mouth.

I got it right away Mr. Steve, lol.