gasisoutrageous

My Charger doesn't seem to be too big of a fan of the cold

These thing are saddled with an Inferior......er......Independant Rear Suspension", bent tie rod is possible in the back. Some of the reason my 200 stays parked and the Jeep comes out to play when the white stuff starts flyin'!

Edited by BJoe

Found this and see it is mostly pentane which is added to aviation AGE-85 to aid starting. Looks to me like more natural gasoline should aid starting the Charger.

Natural gasoline is a natural gas liquid with a vapor pressure intermediate between natural gas condensate (drip gas) and liquefied petroleum gas and has a boiling point within the range of gasoline. The typical gravity of natural gasoline is around 80 API.

This hydrocarbon mixture is liquid at ambient pressure and temperature. It is volatile and unstable but can be blended with other hydrocarbons to produce commercial gasoline.

The natural gas hydrocarbons mixture is mostly pentanes and heavier (smaller amounts of C6 and C6+), extracted from natural gas, that meets vapor pressure, end-point, and other specifications for natural gasoline set by the Gas Processors Association.[1] Includes isopentane which is a saturated branch-chain hydrocarbon, (C5H12), obtained by fractionation of natural gasoline or isomerization of normal pentane.[2]

Natural gasoline is often used to denature ethanol produced for E85. Natural gasoline has a lower octane content than conventional commercial distilled gasoline, so it cannot normally be used by itself for fuel for modern automobiles. However, when mixed with high concentrations of ethanol such as mid-level blends, like E50 or E85, the octane content is raised high enough to be used easily in flex-fuel vehicles. It may be sourced from production of natural gas wells (see "drip gas") or may be produced by extraction processes [3] in the field, as opposed to refinery cracking of conventional gasoline.

(Cold Start) First of all this is something that Dodge should take care of ..BUT I am assuming that you have already surpassed the mileage requirement ?  or did you buy an extended warranty

That aside Aaron do you have a scan gauge that can make sure you are going to open loop at start up.. should stay in open loop from 15-30 seconds 

If you are in Open Loop and you still have cold start issues I would check into slightly larger fuel injectors... The Jeep non Flex has been starting with out any issues at all in as low as 15 degrees BELOW ZERO on E85 with the larger fuel injectors  ... I would have had some issue at this temp with the original injectors.

$300 for injectors.maybe $150 small shop to install

Just a thought 

I thought "open loop" on modern vehicles was only for about 5 seconds....

EDIT.

Did a little research and it'll be in open loop until the O2 sensor is warm enough to be usable. Might be a minute in this weather, but maybe only seconds if the vehicle was run recently in warmer weather.

Edited by TD

I thought "open loop" on modern vehicles was only for about 5 seconds....

EDIT.

Did a little research and it'll be in open loop until the O2 sensor is warm enough to be usable. Might be a minute in this weather, but maybe only seconds if the vehicle was run recently in warmer weather.

I'm thinking the easiest thing to do is simply find out what size fuel injectors (flow rates) are in it and increase them by 10-15%  wont ever have  a problem then

Doesn't the E85 add on kit provide "additional" fuel at start, meaning larger fuel injectors are not normally needed for those with these add on kits.

Morning Billy

Not using a Kit is he?  Aaron ?