gasisoutrageous

Dan, I'm going to do you one up... $1.19 in Lowell, MI!

I've been watching this one for some time, putting in the bare minimum around home waiting for the price to drop a bit. With a small amount of room for prices to drop, I'm hopeful for 99 cents/gallon!

$21 for 17.5 gallons... not bad at all.

post-2293-0-78770700-1418576108_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-96716900-1418576136_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-85713200-1418576149_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-21664200-1418576162_thumb.jpg

Yeah, no kidding. This the same day that we have this spread...

The cashier at the Meijer fuel station on west Saginaw told me before I topped off that she couldn't believe that Speedway had a negative spread.

I'm trying to find an excuse to go to Lapeer today to see how bad that Speedy Q is.

post-2293-0-61063400-1418583951_thumb.jpg

Went over to Sioux Center IA today and the CoOp has a new truckstop. The E85 was $2.179 and the E10 was a dime more. The ethanol plant on the west side of town blends and supplies the area with E85 so they aren't doing their part.

James RINS are around 60 cents

I don't have any idea how much money per gallon that the Ethanol Plant who is doing "yellowhose.com" is losing on each gallon.

Carbon Green Bioenergy-- It is OK for you to NARROW the SPREAD here to keep from losing your shirt.  I would MUCH RATHER you continue in business that to jeopardize your finances with these extreme prices.

Yes, you signed a deal to have stations sell at a buck a gallon cheaper.  I am SURE no one knew we would be here at this level.

I'm going to buy today at $1.19 a gallon, but then I HOPE that you guys just try and keep a 15% or better spread, not the DOLLAR that is costing your company a lot of money.

Good luck!

Where I weigh in is between Dan and Jim here. We do have some stations dropping down to ~85 cents or so for a spread. In reality, there is not a significant drop in E85 demand when you change the spread from $1 to $0.90. Correct me if your experience says I'm wrong, but this is what I've found from those I've talked to.

Right now, I'm seeing less usage of E85 even at yellow hose stores even with these good spreads... my only theory is that people think it's too good to be true. And in reality, there is just so much shock when gasoline gets this low. $2/gallon is not $4/gallon.

The sudden and dramatic slide in prices is now crimping margins at fueling stations. It is a direct fight that OPEC is fighting with domestic energy initiatives and companies in developed nations like our own, despite the limited amount of oil that we continue to import from their member nations. This shows that they still have power over our energy usage. And yes, OPEC predictably denies this.

Back on topic, this station is now at $1.10!

It is a direct fight that OPEC is fighting with domestic energy initiatives and companies in developed nations like our own, despite the limited amount of oil that we continue to import from their member nations. This shows that they still have power over our energy usage.

That is just sad that can affect us that much.