Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

E85 is $1.37 in Alexandria Mn !

Boy, that's almost unbelievable!!!! Two of the ethanol plants I'm in did really well this last year and the one is leading the pack around here as far as corn bids. The bid is almost a dollar more now then back in Sept and in theory they should really be losing with an ethanol price like that. Then you have to remember one thing is possible, if they bought corn on the CBOT back around the bottom, things might still be looking up---cross my fingers. Same with Saudi Arabia and crude, if they hedged oil six months ago, they might be laughing all the way to the bank. It'd be nice to be big enough to know which way you want the market to go and then be able to move it.

Boy, that's almost unbelievable!!!! Two of the ethanol plants I'm in did really well this last year and the one is leading the pack around here as far as corn bids. The bid is almost a dollar more now then back in Sept and in theory they should really be losing with an ethanol price like that. Then you have to remember one thing is possible, if they bought corn on the CBOT back around the bottom, things might still be looking up---cross my fingers. Same with Saudi Arabia and crude, if they hedged oil six months ago, they might be laughing all the way to the bank. It'd be nice to be big enough to know which way you want the market to go and then be able to move it.

Also Remember if the Ethanol Plant does the Blending they get the rin credits .. so you'd think more ethanol plants would want to take this route .. get the runs as well as being able to sell a l,ot of E85 because you can price it so well 

I've been taking poke at the Local Stations here in St Cloud that have been offered denco2 has their E85 supplier but haven't signed up yet .. so locally here in St Cloud we are at 17% spread ..$1.99 it's "ok" but working with denco  2 they could have the E85 pump constantly busy overing spreads of 25-40% less than E10 

$1.29 in Alexandria today. Filled up on my way to the Twin Cities and will again on the way home, but will probably need to pick up 5 gallons in Mpls before I can head out. Last time I rolled in Alex on fumes, after adding 4 gallons before leaving.

You evidently don't carry an extra 5 gallon jug along.

Nope. Don't want to have to. Easier to just calculate what you'll need, and fill 4 or 5 gallons at an OK spread, hoping to make it to the great spread.

5 gallon jug in a pickup or car trunk works for me, but in a suv where it can end up in the front in an accident, not cool.