Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

My Jeep Wrangler has 4 02 Sensors .... install bung for new Wideband Sensor?

attachicon.gifSnip20141204_25.png

Looking at oem replacements they are all Narrowband 

Wow! I thought most everything in the last 10 years would be WB. (Does it have an 8 track too?) :lol:

So you should be able to pull the NB sensors, replace them with the WB ones and feed the output of your box into the NB wires.

Edited by TD

Wow! I thought most everything in the last 10 years would be WB. (Does it have an 8 track too?) :lol:

So you should be able to pull the NB sensors, replace them with the WB ones and feed the output of your box into the NB wires.

Yep just replace and plug in.. 8 track.nah I replaced  that with this ..

post-2-0-50467700-1417747001_thumb.png

post-2-0-29871400-1417747023_thumb.png

How'd the install go? Got any pics for us? :)

Having issues getting narrow band simulation to work so I think I'll go head and install secondary bungs for wideband and reinstall shortbands to run the fuel map for closed loop .. but First the higher flow injectors came today.. those are going on first .

Replaced the stock 22lb fuel injectors with 30lb injectors..huge difference !  Idles at 14.5 AFR .. runs at 14.1-14.7 AFR (un fortunently the Gauge does not display for E85.. it calculates but only displays in AFR..lamabda is 1 for E85 or Gasoline ..14.7 is stoic for gas )

I'll get some video going ..the MPGS are better than stock Gasoline .. thats throwing me for a loop because it's a huge difference upto 3 mpg better ..I was getting 22 MPG on interstate 94 when the Jeep is suppose to top out at 19 on Gas .

The only thing I can think of is that MPG has increased simply because it is now at all speeds it is operating near lambda

Long trims show 10rich..short trims back and forth between zero ..   The way it is set up should be perfect when we move from winter blend E70 back to summer blend E85