Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Bought a 2008 Jeep Wrangler

Why Yes I did !  I've had the Wrangler bug for past 6 months or so, was not going to pay 40K for a new one though so got a nice used one 2008 that I can put my E85Prices.com vehicle wrap on.

I'm debating  on whether to put a flex fuel jit on or just add larger injectors and tune.  I am already up to E45 without any issues at all .. fuel trims at that percentage are long trims 15 and short trims from -5.02 to 10.8...not running lean at all .. So I'll see how far I can go before I go to a full conversion.

I'll grab photos today

3.8L   

Fuel trim values (long) of over 26 will likely trip the dash warning light on my vehicle (non-Jeep) but without any engine issues.  Do you know if your vehicle has a wide band oxygen sensor?[/quotI'Lloyd have to check on the wideband...26%..YEP that's about where the Malibu would start throwing cel

A Couple of interesting things.. So I topped the Jeep off with E85 again..has around 12 gallons of E85 and 4 E50 ..65% of so.. no cels.. runs great .    Notice the Gauge shows 344 Miles to Empty.. on my DIC it shows 294 ..  8 miles AFTER the video ..  Gauge read 344.1 Miles to empty and DIC ready 298 ! 

Looks like I will start throwing cels right at  "real" summertime time E85% ethanol..  I'll be down in Iowa next week and will stop at the St Angsar Station .. they are still selling 83% 

Nice Jeep Dan!

I always liked those, and you won't find a vehicle that get's through the snow better than a Jeep.  (Well, other than maybe a Subaru, but who wants to be seen in one of those?  :D )

WM

Dan,

Still like your Wrangler?

I'm looking for a 2004-2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon with no rust and with autotrans. I am basically wanting a great trail Jeep with road manners. Eventually it may get lifted into a mild rock crawler. The LJ is long wheelbase and the Rubicon in that year/series has Dana 44 axles with transfer case lockups.

How is it handling E85 now? I would like the ability to use E85, yet use gas on trail where E85 is rare and range is required.

Dan,

Still like your Wrangler?

I'm looking for a 2004-2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon with no rust and with autotrans. I am basically wanting a great trail Jeep with road manners. Eventually it may get lifted into a mild rock crawler. The LJ is long wheelbase and the Rubicon in that year/series has Dana 44 axles with transfer case lockups.

How is it handling E85 now? I would like the ability to use E85, yet use gas on trail where E85 is rare and range is required.

The LJ's don't have much in common with the JK's other than name the being 4wd. Then engines in the LJ are the last of the old AMC I-6 like my '98 XJ Cherokee has, only with a better intake, worse exhaust, and distributerless ignition. I have tried up near 30% by accident and it tollerated that level, but I also babied it like it has never been in the last 11 years I've owned it. I did have issues starting it last winter, but the battery is sketchy and the those were on two of the coldest days I've seen since the early 80's too.