gasisoutrageous

Exploring building my own ethanol still

I'm taking a business class this semester, and have decided that business must be a significant part of my education. I would love to form my own ethanol company, with a second or even third generation feedstock.

I'm looking online, and every link I click on will offer me blueprints and step-by-step instructions... for between $20 and $40. Hell no. Can you guys give me guidance as to how to build a still?

How good are your plumbing skills?   You'll be patching alot of leaks before you're done.

I didn't waste any time thinking about paying  for  plans.  even with plans, you'll be doing

a fair amount of tweeking.   My dad & I built our first still back in 1993. 

It looks nothing like  the original plans ....

I no longer know how to post links here so I will just say- search for Charles 803 still plans. You should also look at Mother Earth's website and David Blume;s Alcohol Can Be A Gas website (the plans on the latter are more expensive but they do have the 803 still plans for $35. I am guessing you can find decent plans for free on any website that is selling yeast and clay for dehydration.

Also- you could search for old posts by one of the members here (Thumpin) who has built a couple of stills.

It would be appreciated Greengenes. Just send me a PM when you can.

I am by no means a plumber, and have never had those kinds of skills. I had hoped it was as simple as boiling the water off to concentrate the alcohol, but it isn't.