Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Murphy Station offering E15 and E85 Promotions ..list

I almost fell in the floor when I read this!! This is great to see. I hope Murphy's really does continue to step up and add more E15 and E85 at their locations (especially here in Texas!) and offer it at good spreads to drive sales. I think them getting it moved in high enough volume and offering at good spreads could bring down prices for other stations and allow them to offer it at better spreads. At least here in Texas where the spreads still have room for improvement. I am not sure if its due to the lack of sheer volume being sent our way that causes the final price to be more or what the issue is. I just hope more competition will drive lower prices. GO MURPHY USA!!! B)

could any Iowegians on the board out there check out one of these stations to report the price spread?  I'm curious what sort of spread they have.  I'd like to think that they will go for the "low price, high volume" sales approach that has made Walmart/Samsclub such a retailing powerhouse!

I saw one posted price about 1 month ago that was an 18% spread.  I'm curious what grades this is comparing...  if it is all Murphy's in Iowa... if they will be seeking the lowest market price for e85, or simply keeping a set 18% spread rearguards of market forces...

I've noticed that Kum & Go has pretty much locked in on a 20% spread.  When gas goes down, e85 goes down enough to keep the spread at 20%.  Regardless of the fact that ethanol could have gone down considerably more than gas over that period, they keep the same 20% spread.  I'm thinking that with the volume of e85 they've sold, that they've crunched the numbers and calculated that 20% is a magic number for FFV owners at which they will consider using e85 consistently...

Iowegians...  that is a term commonly used in Nebraska to describe our neighbors to the east... ;):P