BigGreen

Upgrade Kit for 4-cylinder needed

Hello all,

Thus doing okay on 50/50, I decided to upgrade our 2013 Hyundai Elantra so we can drive on straight E-85.

Anybody having a 4-cylinder kit laying around that the don't need anymore? I found some used ones, but would rather do business with the people here. :)  I prefer to have a kit from fuelflexinternational (so Jonny, youres are therefor fine) since I used them soley so far with excellent results, but am listening to alternatives.

JonnyEnergy, if you read this, send me a PM please, I probably need new connectors. I will verify, looks like we are taking about Nipon Denso, but now even they have 2 different of (pin) configurations.

Greetings!

Here are the pictures of the connectors/fuel injector plugs. Looks like Bosch EV6 compare to what fuelflexinternational.com is showing.

Anybody has a kit? Anybody can conform that the plugs are truly Bosch EV6?

Greetings!

post-1951-0-35622000-1410483507_thumb.jpg

post-1951-0-85202100-1410483518_thumb.jpg

Here's a poster of Fuel Injectors I found on the web....  Looking at yours, they don't look like EV-6's to me, what's worse, they don't look like anything on this chart either.

What Model of Elantra do you have?   Engine Size or Engine VIN Digit might be helpful here.

WM

post-1990-0-17403300-1410490725_thumb.jpg

Looking at your picture, and doing some searching..  I am going to assume you have the 1.8L 4-Cyl in your car.

Those injectors look like Beck Arnley's.

If you go out to their Online Catalogue, http://www.beckcatalog.com/# and look up part 158-1531, (That's for the Engine above), the color and the type look pretty darn if not spot on to your pictures.

Up to tonight, I had never even heard of this company before.  What you have here is a very unique injector connector.   And I am going to punt this one up the line to anyone else here who knows if any of the more "standard" connector types would be compatible with these.   But from the looks of it, I'm doubtful.

WM

WM, thank you so much for your input. You are like a well of information!

It is hard to tell from their website if the plug is in fact the same. I found a site which sells the plugs by themselves, am comparing them and see if I can find one that will match.

Greetings!

Well, no luck. Actually received 3 different connector types and none of them fit. Am surprised that the plug suppliers can not tell.

Contacted 2 manufacturers of conversion/upgrade kits, they don't have a clue either what kind of plug it could be.

The idear was to search now for totalled cars at online junkyards to get the plugs. However, the female counterpart is needed, and who would know where to get this?

I just keep on blending for right now.

I contacted Airtex which makes fuel injectors and has them listed, maybe they answer.

Greetings!

Edited by BigGreen

Airtex was fast in answering, yes, they have the fuel injectors, but are unable to tell what the connector type is. The technician told me that they usually can tell, the fact that their software does not list it is because it was never manufactured and/or offered for resale.

Still searching.....

Greetings!

post-1951-0-88510600-1411742105_thumb.jpg