gasisoutrageous

Meijer is adding E85 to an area that needs it… South Lansing!

I'm glad I decided to take Pennsylvania Avenue down to Mason instead of US-127... because as it turns out, Meijer is all but gutting a store they have down there and rebuilding it from the ground up.

The grocery store badly needed work, and is being totally rebuilt and remodeled.

I was hoping that they would renovate the fuel station, but didn't expect it to happen. Turns out, they are! Meijer is building a new fuel station altogether at a different location on the property... and this is right off Interstate 96, so it's a high traffic location! A new convenience store has been built, new pumps are in, and the sign is up. Looks like it should be open by early next month. I guess I hadn't realized it has been that long since I've been to that part of Lansing.

Notice the new station in the foreground of the second picture, and the old one way in the background.

post-2293-0-99702300-1407766699_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-12812200-1407766714_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-87138800-1407766729_thumb.jpg

Due to some bad memories, today was the first time I've stepped foot in the south Pennsylvania store in almost 6 years.

It is not at all how I remember the store. I have to say that I like Meijer's new store model. It's inviting, modern, and refreshed.

I have most of the info for the new listing Dan, but I think we should hold off on listing it until the station is open. I'll shoot you a reminder when it opens next month.

Meijer

6200 South Pennsylvania Avenue

Lansing, MI

Let's go ahead and list this one Dan. Looks close to opening.

Also, they changed the address for the fuel station. Here is the correct information:

Meijer

6250 South Pennsylvania Avenue

Lansing, MI

517-394-7720

Latitude: 42.667125

Longitude: -84.538520

Well we can put THAT prediction in the wrong column. The official opening date of the new station is Monday at 6:00 am. I have asked my dad to be ready by 5:30 and we will be right there when it opens. I want us both to be the first people to fill with E85.

Well we can put THAT prediction in the wrong column. The official opening date of the new station is Monday at 6:00 am. I have asked my dad to be ready by 5:30 and we will be right there when it opens. I want us both to be the first people to fill with E85.

I should run over their and camp out in front of the E85 pump ..just so I can stick my tongue out  :P

:D  :D

I should run over their and camp out in front of the E85 pump ..just so I can stick my tongue out  :P

:D  :D

What happened Dan? I didn't see ya!  :P

I asked the Dad to get up bright and early, and he and I made it there right before 6 am. The store had already been open when we got there, but it is safe to assume he and I were the first to fill. But when we got there, E85 was the same price as gas! Because they weren't thinking about it, Meijer sent down the prices for the old store (which included kerosene, a product the new store does not sell)... that set E85 at $3.56, the same price as gasoline! I was about to suck it up and fill when my dad decided to say something to the regional manager. Based on what the sales associates were saying, I decided to wait until 7:30 or so when Meijer could send down the correct price. The sales associate who showed us a printout referred us to the west Saginaw store... which did me no good considering the Charger was running on fumes and I was worried I wouldn't even make it to this store. The regional manager made a call, and then the folks behind the counter called the west Saginaw store. They got the west Saginaw store's price and posted that on the pump and on the sign. It was still 11 cents/gallon too high, as this station is part of an agreement to run a fixed 70 cent spread. On the other hand though, 11 cents was not worth making a fuss over. So the dad and I had the inaugural fills at the new Meijer store at $2.97/gallon.

Still cost me $55 to fill! 

The person who I believe was the manager of the store told me that the Sunoco on Dunckel Road in Lansing carries it, and that he filled up there recently. He says he only uses E85. Great, but that station hasn't carried E85 in over two years now. He is actually the second person to refer me to that station saying that they carry E85. And wouldn't you know, the AFDC STILL lists this station as a blender station, even after I've said something multiple times. Growth Energy also considers this to be an E85/blender station.

post-2293-0-77196300-1410179804_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-79082800-1410179823_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-64650200-1410179837_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-05231400-1410183883_thumb.jpg

What happened Dan? I didn't see ya!  :P

The person who I believe was the manager of the store told me that the Sunoco on Dunckel Road in Lansing carries it, and that he filled up there recently. He says he only uses E85. 

Morning Aaron.. Would have been funny to see your face though as you pull and see me first in line with E85 HHR

I really love to see that the Manager at this Meijer uses E85 ..that's really big ..