Sign in to follow this  
BJoe

Looks like another new Thornton's station is going in!

I was running a couple errands for Dad a couple weeks back and discovered that there is a new Thornton's being built on the corner of Farnsworth and Bilter in Aurora just north of I88 and the Aurora Discount Mall (fancy factory seconds mall, basically) and when I detoured that way after topping of at the North Aurora Speedway on Rt. 31/Lincoln Way after work tonight, I noticed that two of the pumps looked to have Ethanol signage in yellow in that advertising spot at the top of the pumps. Not sure of the exact address, but besides the tollway and that discount mall, there's also a bunch of stores just north of there on Kirk and Butterfield/Rt. 56. There also a bunch of housing, businesses, a couple churches and multiple access points to the toll way near there. Hope I saw that signage right, it could make for a busy location and be closer to home that the North Aurora stations!

Edited by BJoe

I can also confirm their spread sucks, $2.99 for E85 vs $3.37 for Regular........maybe I need to run my XJ over there though.........

Store looked nice inside too, much better than any of the other stores around here!

Lol, oh now thus is funny! I just checked on both the Thornton's Mobile App and their website, this store is so new that it's not listed on either yet! We have actually listed their store on the E85 internet and mobile databases before they even have it listed on their own store locators, ROFL!

All that aside, I mentioned to Aaron tonight that unless their price royally sucks compared to the Speedway at 417 Lincolnway in North Aurora, I still just may buy from them atleast when I fill up on a day off, since they are a few miles closer to home than any of the North Aurora stores.

Small update on this store, stopped by there for the first time in a while and discovered they have put up a new sign (no E85 listing though), new pumps,  and did a light remodel in the store itself.  The big news in all of this, those new pumps looked kinda funny as I rolled up, the outter pumps were all gas and diesel fuel, but all of the pumps on the insides of the awning all had yellow handle covers, so yes, they all have E85 at all but those 4 diesel pumps.....and then the big shock, those pumps all have 3 hoses like the ones at the new Speedway a few miles north do, so as I pull up to the pump, I notice that they have the typical E85 selection, and the gasoline octane selections read; 88, 87, 89, 92 :huh:   So I get out of my 200 and go to take a closer look before I go in to pay to fill up and discovered that the 88 octane selection appeared to be intended to be pumped from the hose next to the E85 hose and that there were some E15 signs on the pump!  Not only can you buy E85 at most of the pumps at this station now, but they have added E15 to their list of options of what kind of fuel you can now buy there too :D   Needless to say, if we ever get the rear brakes back on my Cherokee and get it on the road again (it hasn't been driven since last March and has had no rear brakes since August, kinda needs a radiator too.......), I'll take it there to fill it up on E15.    It's only a '98, but considering I've accidentally slashed up to E25 without issue, I'm more worried about somebody throwing a tantrum than I am an issue with it burning the fuel.

Small update on this store, stopped by there for the first time in a while and discovered they have put up a new sign (no E85 listing though), new pumps,  and did a light remodel in the store itself.  The big news in all of this, those new pumps looked kinda funny as I rolled up, the outter pumps were all gas and diesel fuel, but all of the pumps on the insides of the awning all had yellow handle covers, so yes, they all have E85 at all but those 4 diesel pumps.....and then the big shock, those pumps all have 3 hoses like the ones at the new Speedway a few miles north do, so as I pull up to the pump, I notice that they have the typical E85 selection, and the gasoline octane selections read; 88, 87, 89, 92 :huh:   So I get out of my 200 and go to take a closer look before I go in to pay to fill up and discovered that the 88 octane selection appeared to be intended to be pumped from the hose next to the E85 hose and that there were some E15 signs on the pump!  Not only can you buy E85 at most of the pumps at this station now, but they have added E15 to their list of options of what kind of fuel you can now buy there too :D   Needless to say, if we ever get the rear brakes back on my Cherokee and get it on the road again (it hasn't been driven since last March and has had no rear brakes since August, kinda needs a radiator too.......), I'll take it there to fill it up on E15.    It's only a '98, but considering I've accidentally slashed up to E25 without issue, I'm more worried about somebody throwing a tantrum than I am an issue with it burning the fuel.

I run E15-30ish (splash blend) all the time on my 1998 Dakota and my sons 2000 Neon, no issues. The Neon wasn't happy for the first 10 miles but after a highway trip it has been running the same as before with a little more kick.