Sign in to follow this  
storky

DOT 1987 placard denotes liquid alcohol products

As I rolled up to a rail crossing where the first of nearly 100 tanker cars on which flammable warning placards were displayed were just passing, I wondered how closely I should approach. How much room should I give a train transporting that particularly volitile crude from Canada. I read 1987 off the flammable warning placards that every single car displayed, looked it up on my phone and dicovered it wasn't crude oil being transported, but alcohol! That did indeed make me more comfortable and encouraged over the likelihood that the ~3 million gallons of alcohol I saw pass were likely to be mixed with gasoline to make various grades of motorfuel including E85.

post-2371-0-22956700-1406052530_thumb.jpg

Edited by storky

Yeah, maybe should put one of them on the Focus. A guy on one of my airplane forums posted this the other day---he's from eastern Ohio.

etu3a4am.jpg

Edited by cessna

Yeah, maybe should put one of them on the Focus. A guy on one of my airplane forums posted this the other day---he's from eastern Ohio.

etu3a4am.jpg

Thats pretty cool.. I seen mine on a  gravestone ..   :o   lol