Sign in to follow this  
gamechanger2011

"PUMP" documentary trailer

Opens in NY and LA on the 19th of September. Sundance (Utah) on 9/26.

Most of us may have to wait just a bit longer, but shouldn't be long befoer it either

A - hits other metro areas, or

B - for those of us far from any of those, iTunes, hulu, BluRay, etc.

Edited by Steve-O

Good luck, I contacted them, no planned releases in the Midwest. Asked about option to pay and download it from them or any other service they might provide it to, nope again, not planned.

Let's hope that the cameraman in the theatre has a steady hand (and a good quality camera, and people being quiet etc. etc.). :D

Greetings!

Not much thinking going on in this group IMHO...  a movie about ethanol, that doesn't plan on releasing it in the part of the country that makes the fuel, and the part that has the most distribution of the fuel!

Would be like having a movie about the glories of the cattle ranching, but not planning on having any releases in Texas or the rest of the Great Plains!

They could have coordinated this with Ethanol/Corn boards in several states, and they could have had sold out movie theaters, guests, governors...  made it into a "must see event"...

Edited by HuskerFlex

Well, with all indie films, major distribution is very difficult. I do wonder, however, why the producers haven't found, as Husker suggests, additional ways to get it out there. This would be impossible to get into theaters outside of major metro areas. By major I mean only the "major-est" areas of all like LA, NY.

Netflix buys rights to the films they have, so I am guessing that isn't an option for them. Netfilx ain't paying for this...although they had his other film on there, FUEL.May end up on Sundance channel, or others if it is well received at Redford's Sundance Film Festival.

The film looks great and people gotta see it! My guess is the producers initially want to weight their options for how much revenue they can recoup before they get it out there just for the sake of its message...If you are so inclined, get it out there via facebook. Like it... search facebook for:

Pump The Movie

Edited by Steve-O

I'm thinking about Lincoln Nebraska, there is a "Theater" down town, just a few blocks from the capital, between the capital and UNL's main campus.  The "Rocco Theater", it is more of a stage theater, and they have all sorts of acts that come in there... not a movie theater, but this would be an awesome premier venue for such a film.  Government officials, university save the whales types...  I'm just saying that with some "outside the box" thinking, they could have used local feet on the ground to do a really big premier to show people the film, maybe get them to spread the word for red-box...

Edited by HuskerFlex

I thought everyone here would like to know that PUMP is now available to rent or buy on iTunes.  It will be available soon on Amazon and other online platforms.  I watched it and thought it was eye-opening and has some top people talking about this issue. Pretty motivating too!

PUMP is now available on Netflix, iTunes & Amazon! Hopefully we can gain some traction with mass E85 conversions. We're darn close to having several GM vehicles FFV certified that were not sold that way from the factory.