jeepn30

2015 Chrysler 200 not flex fuel :(

Speaking of the 2.5L 

post-2-0-22027800-1405615867_thumb.jpg

So yeah ..I'd expect to see the the Flex Fuel Map turned on in the  2.5L in the 2015/2016 Impala , Malibu etc 

And I suspect they are also looking for some leverage..they have the engines ready but what can they GET to officially add the FFV Map / turn on the FFV Map 

That GM resource that Dan used there,  does seem to indicate that the majority of the powertrain lineup could be an FFV at the drop of a hat if needed. I guess that has me asking why not just do it? Certify them. They know the engines will be fine as FFVs but they just dont want to spend the money to do the final programming and tweaking? This is why I am mad at the Asian brands. They can all run just fine but heaven forbid they program them as FFVs...

Edited by Steve-O

That GM resource that Dan used there,  does seem to indicate that the majority of the powertrain lineup could be an FFV at the drop of a hat if needed. I guess that has me asking why not just do it? Certify them. They know the engines will be fine as FFVs but they just dont want to spend the money to do the final programming and tweaking? This is why I am mad at the Asian brands. They can all run just fine but heaven forbid they program them as FFVs...

It's either a cost saving feature ..don't add the fuel mapping (but then why have they harden valves and stems to ethanol ?)  or it is simple as I was suggesting in my earlier post.. not immediatly enabling Flex Fuel Map gives them some leverage ..Yeah Ok we'll make them E85 ready forrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. a simple bargaining tool..they have most of the R@D, metallurgy, case hardening, correct rubber /plastic costs are behind them

So I think they are waiting out the Feds .. and see what they can get in return..

That is how the Game is played .. 

Check this the GM 6.2L V8 L99 engine .. is E85 Flex Fuel Ratedd..it's Commecial Application..the only thing they have listed is the Camaro SS ..nice!  but again .. why isn't the Camaro with that Engine with Flex fuel enabled? 

post-2-0-39829700-1405629842_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-95150000-1405629859_thumb.jpg

BTW Here is the GM Power train Link..I should sticky that http://www.gmpowertrain.com/PowertrainOverview.aspx

Chevy Malibu no longer is available as a flex- even in Fleet.   The last one was a 2012 model year.  I own one. 

BTW... remember GM introduced the 2.5L ..and moving as base engine Malibu and Impala ..but with no E85.. BUT yes you COULD order the 3.6 L E85(directly from fleet services)

anyway remember the discussion about not bringing E85 to the new Engines for a year or 2 .. well here we go with the 2014 2.5L

post-2-0-31090100-1405797523_thumb.png

[post-2-0-60960800-1405797536_thumb.png

I actually put a post on the 200 owners forum that some of the reason I wanted that car was the flex fuel capability of the 3.6l and the lack of it on the 2015's would affect my willingness to buy the new model model if something were to happen to my 2012.

Also kinda annoyed you can't get the V-6/9-Speed/AWD runnning gear in a stripped down Limited since that model has replaced the Touring as the "just a bit nicer than the rental drone" model.

So just for kicks, I was playing around on the fueleconomy.gov website, and I found mileage ratings for E85! I did in fact confirm with a Chrysler representative at the auto show that the 2015 models will come with the flex fuel option.

What's even more interesting is that the 2.4L apparently now comes with a flex fuel option. That one I need to confirm. Looking at the mpg numbers, it gives the Ford Focus a run for its money!

Also note that the fuel economy difference between E85 and gasoline is a bit smaller with these new models.

post-2293-0-13149000-1414002035_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-78850100-1414002044_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-27249200-1414002053_thumb.jpg

post-2293-0-75376400-1414002061_thumb.jpg

I was out filling my 200 today and running a few errands and ran across a 4 cylinder 2015 200 with a tiny but neat and clean looking new black and yellow E85/Ethanol badge on the bottom left corner trunk lid!

I actually put a post on the 200 owners forum that some of the reason I wanted that car was the flex fuel capability of the 3.6l and the lack of it on the 2015's would affect my willingness to buy the new model model if something were to happen to my 2012.

Also kinda annoyed you can't get the V-6/9-Speed/AWD runnning gear in a stripped down Limited since that model has replaced the Touring as the "just a bit nicer than the rental drone" model.

What's up Joe! Same Black Knight as on 200 forums. I assume it's the same "BJoe". I had a 2013 Touring S - I now have the 15 S AWD it was the least expensive V6 on the lot. FWD V6's were more than mine (all C's). With incentives I paid 3k more than my old car, but this time 1.9% on my loan. I now have factory remote start and heated seats with this one, as well as all the new standard features like proximity key etc..,

The new one gets better MPG on E85 than the old one. My wife's 13 200 limited gets terrible mileage now that it's been tuned. Probably would get better if I were to ease out of the throttle.. but it's difficult.