jeepn30

2015 Chrysler 200 not flex fuel :(

Was looking at the lot of the local dealer today, and all 6 of the new 200's with the 3.6L pentastar are NOT flex fuel, unlike the previous body style.  It looks like Chrysler only has the minivans and Durango/Grand Cherokee as flex fuel 3.6L left.  And the 2.0L in the Dart with Automatic transmission (Which is pretty hard to find in the 2014 models now because most either use the 2.4L or the Turbo 1.6L).  Disappointing that choices for Chrysler have dwindled a bit.

Joe was telling me about that. Chrysler is slowly jumping on the bandwagon of eliminating the fuel cap altogether. I confirmed with a representative from Chrysler at the North American Int'l Auto Show back in January that they would be making some of them flex fuel. It's happened before too, when a car or truck is radically redesigned... the flex fuel is "forgotten", but then brought back a model year or two later.

The wild card is the supposed expiration of the CAFE flex fuel loophole... where automobiles are given a 1.2 mpg credit towards compliance with this standard, coming up in 2018. I'm hoping to speak to Chrysler at some point, and I want to see Growth and the RFA work to replace it with something better. I just don't see how we could have invested all these millions and millions of dollars in this technology and these cars, then see that all go to waste.

The Chrysler 200 WILL come as a E85 Flex Fuel option in the 3.6L..  It MAY be just like Chevy's Malibu and only be available via Fleet Services (then 6 months later you see the lots full of them)

I hope your right.. but I was at the local Chrysler dealer a couple weeks back looking at the Chrysler/Dodge Town and Country's...

All of the new ones I looked at (I think they were 2014's.. but may have been 2015's), had the Pentastar and NONE of them had FlexFuel.  I was very surprised.

Even the sales guy said "That's strange, I know I've seen these with the yellow caps before......"....

I hope your right.. but I was at the local Chrysler dealer a couple weeks back looking at the Chrysler/Dodge Town and Country's...

All of the new ones I looked at (I think they were 2014's.. but may have been 2015's), had the Pentastar and NONE of them had FlexFuel.  I was very surprised.

Even the sales guy said "That's strange, I know I've seen these with the yellow caps before......"....

I hope I'm right to ! ;)

I was just adding the New Silverado HD Truck http://www.e85vehicles.com/

..GM  does not show E85 in any of the media specs http://news.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/silveradohd/2015.tab1.html  BUT in the Fleet specs ..there it is

Engine availability
Vortec 6.0L V8 with up to 360 horsepower and E85 FlexFuel11 capability on pickup models
Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 with 397 horsepower, 765 lb.-ft. of torque; B20-Diesel compatible
6.0L V8 SFI Gaseous CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) with hardened valves and valve seats

I sent off some emails as well to Chryslers media contacts..see if we can clear this up.

BTW.. the 2014 200 also didnt have any E85 mention in their Official Media release specs either..but sure enough you can buy  2014 200 in the 3.6L E85 ready

Here is another example..  Chrysler doesn't say anything about E85 on the  2014 Town and Country .. http://www.chrysler.com/model-compare/detailed-chart/?modelYearCode=CUC201408&

but yet we all know dang near every Town and Country is Badged as Flex Fuel

post-2-0-06671400-1405542412_thumb.jpeg

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Chrysler-Town-%26-Country-c24092#listing=90484743

Same 3.6L Pentastar

More and more vehicles build in 2014 are not FFV's anymore. Check the YellowHose website and their list for FFV's, may vehicle stopped being compatible recently.

There is always the option to install an E85 upgrade on a non-FFV vehicle, spend the money and you can have the car you really want.

Greetings!

www.yellowhose.com

Edited by BigGreen

More and more vehicles build in 2014 are not FFV's anymore. Check the YellowHose website and their list for FFV's, may vehicle stopped being compatible recently.

There is always the option to install an E85 upgrade on a non-FFV vehicle, spend the money and you can have the car you really want.

Greetings!

www.yellowhose.com

Again that is usually because of first year engines .. they have done this before. Fact is you can get damn near anything in Flex Fuel if you order it through Fleet Services..   But clearly their needs to be a FFV Mandate .. 

I've got 37 Flex Fuel Models listed for 2014 http://www.e85vehicles.com/?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&folder=&id=5#search/year-2014/ 

Technically their are another 25 or so ..but they are simply double ups..different trims 

The Chevy Impala with the 2.5L is an example..new engine not yet E85 capable but you can still order  the 2014 in the 3.6 that is E85 ready..as soon as they finally close out the 3.6 we WILL see the 2.5L as a FFV