gasisoutrageous

The strangest thing ever in Swartz Creek, MI

I've been watching this one for a while. I learned early last month that the abandoned BP station right on the other side of I-69 from the Meijer station there would be reopened with E85. I had my mom check on it when she went to the thumb on Thursday, and she sent me pics that showed work being done and progress being made. On the way to the thumb myself today, I found it open!

But wow, they did the absolute bare minimum to get it opened. I was hoping to have a phone number before I had it listed, but it'll be a few more days before they have that set up.

Anyways, now to the weird part. They converted the diesel tank over to E85 (it is a yellow hose station, by the way, right by the Meijer and Beacon & Bridge there!), but they forgot to switch the nozzles over! Good thing I wasn't running on fumes. Put in my credit card, and I'm not able to pump because the nozzle was too big!

Here are the station details I have so far:

BP

4278 Morrish Road

Swartz Creek, MI

I'll post pics later when I get to an area with a good amount of service!

and I'm not able to pump because the nozzle was too big!

Where was your 5 gallon jug? My VW TDI could be finicky sometimes and just spit back no matter what I tried. Bring out the jug and then pour into the tank. Extra work but you have to do what you have to do.

Wow like Dan said, I hope you informed them as soon as possible. It's another anti ethanol conspiracy ploy... put it in, make the nozzle incompatible with FFVs, and then claim it isn't selling LOL!  :D As funny as this is BTW, I can see some TDI owner putting it in their vehicle. This would not be good....

Edited by Steve-O

I didn't really need fuel, just figured I'd fill up before leaving yellow hose territory. Good thinking too, as prices were extremely high in the thumb for ethanol blends. No idea why. I ended up filling at the Citgo on Saginaw in Flint. 

Even if I had been empty, I could have walked 1/4 mile to the Meijer station and filled the two gallon can I keep in the trunk anyways. But yes, I wonder if a diesel vehicle would try that!

This station is owned by Hoon, which owns the yellow hose stations we have in the Flint metro. They actually want to sell E85, so it was probably just oversight on someone's part.

Anyways, don't forget to add this one Dan.

Good to hear about another yellow hose station. All the BP stations I've found have had negative spreads, so this is a full 180 degree change. Yellow hose is really going "out there" to find every partner possible. Good for them.

Maybe I wasn't clear about the TDI post. I don't have it anymore but always took biodiesel along in the trunk to blend. Sometimes even with the small diesel nozzle it just wouldn't take fuel and just spit back. One time I filled at a pump that just had a big nozzle for semi's and used a funnel and jug to get the diesel into the jug to pour into the car. Anymore I always like to have a jug with me when I travel and this car with over 20.000 miles has had just about all E85.