Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Should we add Non Oxy E0 to E85Prices.com

Yes, I say, absolutely. It gives us a one up over puregas.org and their crappy website. Then I can use it to divert traffic here. Looking for puregas? They don't update prices, check here. Provided we start updating pumps without Ethanol too.

The one issue I have adding Non Oxy is it usually 90-91 Octane(if it was 87 octane this would be easy)..now we would be comparing 90-91 octane ..but then again E85 is anything from 92 to 105 octane

OK so how do we want to display Non Oxy in the price..is this fine..a separate column with price and spread combined

post-2-0-27930700-1401624548_thumb.jpg

I assumed E0 would go in the "blender" column, renaming the column if needed.

That was my original thought as well Rick but wanted to display the Price Spread as well...we'll see what the coder thinks 

I see the Gas column is now renamed E10. I think you really need to add the E0 column too. I don't believe it is a fair comparison to the spread when we have a choice in Nebraska to use E0, E10, E85, or if lucky and live close to a blender and other combination up to E85. I understand some areas Do Not have a E0 option but we do and prices and spreads should reflect that price no matter where E0 is available.

oops... I've been posting e0 prices (as we've been doing as I've been a contributor)...  didn't notice the change.

TOTALLY agree with racer...  e0 really needs to be at least an option for posting prices.

Edited by HuskerFlex

Article in the Pittsburgh Trib Review paper revealed a local station (near a large boat launching area) began selling E0 in the last several months and sales (gallons) of E0 are equal to E10 but....E0 is priced 80 cents a gallon more!   Article was full of positive things when using E0 but when using 2 cycle small engines.  Not a word about automobile engines.

I see the Gas column is now renamed E10. I think you really need to add the E0 column too. I don't believe it is a fair comparison to the spread when we have a choice in Nebraska to use E0, E10, E85, or if lucky and live close to a blender and other combination up to E85. I understand some areas Do Not have a E0 option but we do and prices and spreads should reflect that price no matter where E0 is available.

It's coming guys.. patience please  :)

Article in the Pittsburgh Trib Review paper revealed a local station (near a large boat launching area) began selling E0 in the last several months and sales (gallons) of E0 are equal to E10 but....E0 is priced 80 cents a gallon more!   Article was full of positive things when using E0 but when using 2 cycle small engines.  Not a word about automobile engines.

80 cent higher than E10.. generally around 40 cents higher here in Minnesota.. but yeah that's why I wanted to add E0....  To be Fair .. now that E10 is the main blend  it cost more to small batch /transport  E0 (from my understanding) BUT they are still charging a huge premium for E0 BECAUSE they are playing into peoples ignorance and fears of E10