Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Iowa Wholesale E85 Pricing List.. Every Tuesday

Wholesale E85 Price Listing 

The IRFA posts Monday's wholesale E85 prices every Tuesday.

The prices below are for wholesale use, and therefore restricted to wholesale fuel distributors and retailers, not end users.

The intent of IRFA's E85 Price Listing Program is to promote greater transparency for retailers and distributors of E85 in order to aid retailers in supplying their consumers with the lowest-cost E85 available.

May 19, 2014 prices. Posted May 20, 2014.

post-2-0-95977000-1400972228_thumb.jpg

this is a great service that they are providing.  Everything is up front and transparent.  If a station is tired of getting screwed by their provider, they can use this to seek out one that will allow them to price the fuel more competitively and attract more customers to their stores. 

Why every state's ethanol/corn/renewable fuel board is not doing this is beyond me.

Is it now possible to bypass the fuel terminal and do your own E85 blending in the underground tank?

I'm wondering if there is enough consistency between loads /weeks/ plants to make this work ..

Latest Update from Tuesday May 27th..   and Greengenes I believe their are around 20 plants that blend their own E85.. I think I'll post this list on E85prices.com as well so more retailers see it 

post-2-0-26934800-1401377059_thumb.jpg

I got E85 at Primghar a few days ago and it comes from Siouxland Energy. The Co op that owns the convenience store sends their tandem fuel truck over to the ethanol plant and drops E85 into the C store tank and dispenses through a blender pump. About as efficient as it gets. I still remember a couple of years ago watching a semi tanker along side a rail car transferring diesel into the truck at a Co op grain loading facility. For some reason it was hard to get out of the Sioux City pipeline terminal so the rail worked. Could easily ship ethanol to far away points by train and have four trucks per railcar load and haul directly to a blender pump.

did you notice the wholesale price for gasoline in Des Moines?  The spread is nearly 50%...  $1.64 vs $3.23

The g@$$holes still want to convince people that ethanol is driving UP the price of gas, isn't worth it, and that it is a rip off...