BJoe

Flex Fuel and Low Pollution Vehicle Parking?

MY sister and I are at a convention at the "New" McCormack Place and they have special spots for "High Efficency" and "Low Pollution" vehicles that are closer to the doors. We'll be heading back this way for Sunday and I'm going to drive my 200 instead of taking her non-flex fuel Charger think I can park it in one of those spots?

I think you should!

I'm not official, and I don't know if my permission will stand up in court... but e85 is scientifically "low pollution"...  so why not!

I like how the few CNG powered cars I see (we have a decent small minority of them in Omaha) on the road have the simple sideways black diamond on a white field that simply says "CNG" inside the diamond.  Most usually have bumper sticker that says "powered by clean, domestic natural gas"...

We e85 only users need to develop a simple easy to identify logo for this.  That sort of thing might help you avoid a parking ticket. 

Similarly, can you use the multi-passenger commuter lanes since they typically allow EVs and Hybrids?

I think you should!

I'm not official, and I don't know if my permission will stand up in court... but e85 is scientifically "low pollution"... so why not!

I like how the few CNG powered cars I see (we have a decent small minority of them in Omaha) on the road have the simple sideways black diamond on a white field that simply says "CNG" inside the diamond. Most usually have bumper sticker that says "powered by clean, domestic natural gas"...

We e85 only users need to develop a simple easy to identify logo for this. That sort of thing might help you avoid a parking ticket.

Similarly, can you use the multi-passenger commuter lanes since they typically allow EVs and Hybrids?

Don't know on the HOV lanes, there aren't many of those here and this is one of my rare trips into Chicago from the western Burbs anyway........also will be the first time I've had the 200 here, usually it's my Jeep, and that doesn't count under any situation!

Well damn, guess I won't try that after all then. When we left, there was a V-6 Avenger (same as my car, just different bodywork) in one as well as multiple Caddy's, a Lincoln CUV, and a Mercury Minivan that had as much business there as my Jeep does.

I'd put up a fight, and be vociferous about it. Delve right into the fact that tailpipe emissions are 5% lower with E85 than with gas, along with carbon lifecycle difference between E85 and gasoline, and either you'll make your point and get the ticket revoked, or you'll bore them to death so much that they'll revoke the ticket anyways!

Shucks guys- you'all can park in my drive any day. Matter of fact if you come with a non-ffv- then I'm going to make you park it out in the woods where no one can see it and the trees can try to clean it the air when you start it up. :P

My workplace has the Low emission close parking spaces. LEED certified, 6 year old building. When they first communicated the spaces and what qualifies, FFVs were mentioned SPECIFICALLY as being included. they have since removed this designation and changed the signs to "Hybrid/low emisisons vehicls only". Somebody here drives a fusion hybrid and parks there, A VW Jetta diesel parks there, and several Prius'. Somebody just got a VOLT within the last couple weeks too. :)

My 2006 Elantra does qualify, as they base it on fueleconomy.gov ratings. Little do they know it's even better with the ethanol percentages I run mwa haa haaa....

Edited by Steve-O