dan45mcc

Ethanol Futures.. really important week IMO

Morning Everyone

This week IMO should be very telling if these high ethanol prices are here to stay for awhile or if the game is over and they fall to ..at least trend down to reality

post-2-0-90420800-1396871477_thumb.jpg

Our prices for e85 here in Omaha are up to $2.89, with e10 at $3.45, and e0 at $3.68.

I think the lowest we were recently was at $2.54 in November or so, with steady 5 cent steps since then, though the last move was a 10cent jump.

Dad is wondering of the railroads have started taking delivery of the newer tank cars that will transport oil more safely and freeing up the older cars for Ethanol use.

Went to the ethanol plant meeting last night. You can look at charts all you want but there are so many different deals and variables that I'm not sure the charts really tell the story. I happened to sit next to the guy that used to market the ethanol for this plant and is also an investor. There has been some big changes in management and he no longer markets for this plant but still does for many other plants so knows the ropes. He asked where the 43 cents a gallon profit or in other words $17 millon in lost revenue for the year went. Were they that poor at marketing or???????? something funny going on. Also found out there was some $5 ethanol sold not long ago because somebody needed it really bad. Like he said, "this is America where anything can happen".

No question that ethanol prices do not have the same results for consumers as they do for producers. Seeing as how I'm not in management yet, I see it from a consumer standpoint (I honestly believe I always will anyways, as a dedicated consumer and activist). The high price of ethanol did stymie growth in ethanol retailers, jack up prices, and discourage a lot of us. As a consumer and activist, I am beyond elated that ethanol fell so much. Now things can get going again.