Sign in to follow this  
CarsonBerger

$1 Off E85 Coming to Minnesota

Good afternoon Gents-

I just wanted to hop in here and let you all know that E85 will be $1 less than regular 87 octane gas at 10 locations in West Central Minnesota starting in the next couple weeks. The price spread is guaranteed at least through the summer months. The E85 is coming direct from Denco II, the ethanol plant in Morris. The current participating stations are:

Tri-county Co-op in Wheaton, Graceville, and Chokio

Cenex-Farmers Union Oil Co in Alexandria

Cenex in Glenwood

Cenex in Starbuck

Food Shop of Morris

Jerry’s U-Save – Morris

Donnelly Co-op – Donnelly

Morris Coop Assn – Morris 

The promotion started April 1 and already about half of the stations have the fuel at $1 less than gas. 

Just figured I'd stop in and let the E85 enthusiasts know what is happening out here. Let me know if you have any questions, i'd be glad to help.

-Carson Berger

Commodities Risk Manager

Denco II, LLC  

good to hear.  Sounds like the "MN version of yellowhose"...  We need this happening at EVERY ethanol plant in the Midwest!

Dan, do we have all these stations listed already?  Just curious of there were any that we had missed.  I'd hate to have good priced e85 being sold at a station that is not listed on the most viewed e85 database on the internet!

Welcome aboard Carson.. !

The one good thing about the Ethanol Spike at the commodities Market is that as Retailers are looking for solutions ..you guys should see a lot more welcoming mats 

I need to go through our list and make sure we have all the stations you supply..you see any I am missing just give a shout out

Thanks for checking in Carson- Good to hear Denco is doing this. Over the years too few of producers have done this and yet as you are doing this it remains low risk to you because it is a small % of your production--if only all plants did the same then today the E85 would be much larger. The plant I worked at was about 10% of production.

Good Job!

Phil

GREAT job guys!  I'm very impressed.  As I've said, this is exactly what EACH and every ethanol plant should be (and should have been since early 90s) doing.

Ultimately this will put your ethanol plant in a better market position than plants that are not doing this.  Best of luck, and do keep us informed about what you are doing.

Good afternoon guys -

We added our 11th station this morning; Hancock Co-op in Hancock Minnesota will have at least a $1 spread moving forward. We have also placed a map of participating stations on our webpage. www.DencoLLC.com

Map? I was just going to ask for one. :)

I'd like to see you coming into Fargo, but Alexandria works a couple times a month.

Good morning guys -

We added a 13th location, Ashby Equity Association. Also, as I'm sure you're aware with some of our local prices, we extended the program through the winter months. Right now we have 13 sites and they're all reporting strong sales numbers. 

Keep fighting the good fight out there. 

Thanks,

-Carson