gasisoutrageous

Dear Jack Gerard

I just received this one. Matches my sense of humor perfectly... and I couldn't have phrased it better myself!

This as I talk to a very rude driver who is convinced that ethanol damages his flex fuel vehicle...

http://ethanolrfa.3cdn.net/f700b35b48b296549a_h8m6blzjw.png

I learned last night that ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson, recently caught for being a hypocrite in the fracking cause, has struck a deal with warmongering Russian president Vladimir Putin to drill in the gulf. In fact, the Russian state-owned oil/natural gas industry has just been awarded a contract to drill for oil on 119,000 acres in United States waters of the Gulf of Mexico!

Because Europe depends so heavily on oil and natural gas, they are pressuring the west not to place sanctions on the one area you know you can cripple Russia... their oil and natural gas industry. This is precisely why we shouldn't be dependent on foreign oil.

Wow ! That would only make sense to an oil man like Rex Tillerson-- who by the way some years back declared there is no need for biofuels.

Perhaps Rex would rather the Russians frack his neighborhood?

warmongering Russian president Vladimir Putin

Not sure you want to go so far as to say that. We're the ones that helped stir things up to get Yanukovych ousted. That and Ukraine had a very big unpaid natural gas bill and Russia had the best deal to solve that. Interesting that Russia is interested in the Gulf since they're swimming in oil over there. You know that a lot of Afghanistan's problem is that it is where a pipeline needs to be run and the West sure wants to control that area. Sure tough when you have real estate that somebody else wants.

Russia agreed to slash the gas price for Ukraine in a December bailout that was widely seen as a political reward for Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych after he backed away from integration agreements with the EU to instead cement closer ties with Russia.

Edited by cessna

Eric Draitser said in an interview with Press TV that Russia, which supplies more than one third of Europe’s gas, is a “great energy power” that “may decide to stop accepting US dollars to settle debts and US dollars for its energy reserves.”

“All of this is sort of a doomsday scenario from a financial perspective; but, it is all very much a possibility if the United States and Europe” escalate the situation, the analyst said.

Draitser held out the possibility of euro and dollar depreciation, which would, in turn, trigger “unrest in global markets.”

The analyst said Russia is in a position to make it harder for Europe to have access to gas, adding, 

“It would fundamentally change the geopolitical calculus not only of the Europe but of the global economy more generally.”

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/no_author/is-an-energy-war-looming/