dan45mcc

Next New Vehicle.. What to Get Nissan Leaf , Chevy Volt , Ford Focus , Jeep Wrangler

Ever thought about the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk? Better power to weight than the 4dr JK, and if it has the 3.6l, it will be flex fuel ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nxqL320GSZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah that's why I was really wanting the 2012 (just priced out of my range )and new Wrangler because they put the 3.6 Penastar in them.. but even with the 3.8 not a big deal putting a flex kit on

Umm the Trailhawk  ..nice looking and can get out of anything.. decent pricing fairly close by http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2012-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Rochester-c23037_L17418#listing=67848963..ooops thats the Basic Laredo..still not a bad looking SUV

Dang git, why can't I get a video to post?!

The funny part ..well from my perspective...is that I knew you were having issues with the video  and I thought I would just wait and see what happened..if you finally would "get it" or if you would scream in frustration :angry:  :lol:  .. 

OK all you need to do is paste the "

"  just like that but without the quotes

here like this ..post-2-0-85339900-1395708905_thumb.jpg

Take it from someone who has perfected the art of driving in the snow, I understand how much of a challenge it is. Both of my parents live on streets that are not well maintained. My mom lives on the corner of a major street and a small neighborhood street... the major road is always cleared after a snow (whereas the small street usually isn't), and thus the snow is thrown off onto the street, making it even easier to get stuck. I've become a self-proclaimed pro on the concept. When I drove out to Chicago in January, the roads were horrible. Because temps were barely above 0, the roads could not be salted. Interstate 94 in southwest Michigan was a solid sheet of ice. I saw accidents far too numerous to count, and one person even slid off in front of me on 94. I would have gotten stuck a lot. The trick to avoid getting stuck in snow is simple: start in an area where you have at least some traction. When your car's tires have traction, you gun it. Make sure, of course, that traffic is clear on the cross street before doing so. If there is too much snow out, I simply don't go anywhere. I realize my situation is different than yours, though. This is part of why I've gotten so excited about Chrysler adding an all wheel drive drivetrain to the 200... but that may actually have to hold off for a while due to financial reasons.

I've found that keeping some cat litter in the trunk does the trick. I also recommend keeping a small shovel in the trunk too. Basically, avoid stopping if at all possible. Take it from me, I'm in the category that is supposedly the most likely to get into an accident... but I have not been in an accident in the 4 winters I've been driving now. I've repeatedly gone into extreme weather situations to gain experience. I drove over to Benton Harbor back in November just to see the lake effect snow (because believe you me, Lake Effect Snow is a different animal. It is not your typical snowstorm)... and of course meeting a meteorologist from The Weather Channel in southwest Michigan sweetened the pot. I've now been through extreme cold, zero-visibility rain and zero-visibility snow, and I even drove into Hurricane Irene in 2011.

One other Major Variable is the Vehicle will be used to Advertise E85Prices.com ..Just like my HHR

Another reason the 4 Door Wrangler Unlimited works is that the vehicle already is a looker..everyone sees the 4 Door Wrangler ....so for advertising ..very nice

I can still do the same on the Volt.. and may even cause more people to stop and talk ..why are you advertising E85 on an electric car"..well because the Volt isn't just an electric car..its main range is via the ICE 

so what ever way I go it has to spark some LOOKS and Conversation 

post-2-0-32038500-1395709814_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-90816600-1395710051_thumb.jpg

I have had 4 jeeps in my life, and can tell you the wrangler is the worst out of them all for traction in the snow unless you have a bunch of weight in the back...If I wasn't careful, my '06 Rubicon would spin like a top.  My '04 Grand Cherokee and '11 Grand Cherokee are a bit better in the snow.  My '04 Liberty by far was my most reliable vehicle I've ever owned in the snow.  Maybe it also helped that I had General Grabber at2 tires on it, which were a pretty beefy tire. 

I have had 4 jeeps in my life, and can tell you the wrangler is the worst out of them all for traction in the snow unless you have a bunch of weight in the back...If I wasn't careful, my '06 Rubicon would spin like a top.  My '04 Grand Cherokee and '11 Grand Cherokee are a bit better in the snow.  My '04 Liberty by far was my most reliable vehicle I've ever owned in the snow.  Maybe it also helped that I had General Grabber at2 tires on it, which were a pretty beefy tire. 

Morning jeepin..Thanks for the feedback .. 

So , the last mile shows up as a problem in more than one venue! :D

I like my (Jeep)Liberty.  Ground clearance and tires with some bite are what get you through deep snow.

Where I live,  36o days a year are just fine.  Those 5 other days are not just snow/sleet/ice, but wind as well.

Whole communities are left stranded , days at a time.  The folks that can get through have large 4x4 trucks ...

and Jeeps.

The weather seems to be changing.  More on the extreme side.  It may have taken time to accomplish

or may still be occurring, but it IS happening.

In a more rural locale, you'll find out how good your survival skills are...and the quality of your vehicle.

Since I drive mostly on main highways, I'd get the Focus. Although the volt, regardless of what anyone says, is an awesome urban car, and one you could drive to L.A. Dan if you were so inclined.