Sign in to follow this  
Texas jeep

Anybody make their own ethanol?

We had a regular member on here before from the UP of Michigan that made his own, mostly from discarded fruits, breads and pastries from several area grocery stores.  He also was working on building his customized ethanol optimized  455v8...  Miss Thumpn455.

I can remember a "vendor" selling a piece of hardware for "around" $9000.00 that only required the addition of sugar to make your own ethanol.  I can remember this hardware piece being green colored and being advertised on several websites.   This dates back several (three-four) years ago.   I can not recall any personal reviews of the system.

I can remember a "vendor" selling a piece of hardware for "around" $9000.00 that only required the addition of sugar to make your own ethanol.  I can remember this hardware piece being green colored and being advertised on several websites.   This dates back several (three-four) years ago.   I can not recall any personal reviews of the system.

Here it is Billy..they are still in business too ..the MicroFueler http://www.microfueler.com/    No longer "affordable"  thy are 40k now.  (Probably get the old / original version for a little of nothing if you can find a used one) Looks like they are targeting small business 

post-2-0-91516800-1395485909_thumb.jpg

I remember the micro fueler. I was looking at it the other day but sadly, it's no longer affordable.

Hey Greengenes, what are you planning to do with your coproducts?

I was looking at David Blume's November 2013 presentation on you tube and towards the end, he has a chart showing the that a micro ethanol plant (10,000 gallon a year) can produce up to $400,000 in sales if you properly use the co products such as wet solubles, dry distillers grain and carbon dioxide.

The products produced using the coproducts were tilapia fish, mushrooms, vegetables fish emulsion and something else.

$40,000 for the microfueler?  I would say someone/(school) with needed technical skills, capital and legal assistance could enter the market and significantly under cut this product's retail price.    Hey, Dan,  (Project Creed unmodified 2004 Prius ran on E85 as a research project at one of the Minnesota State Schools) do you think you could send an inquiry  to that school of higher education on developing just such a piece of hardware as a research project?

Edited by Billyk24

I don't have a destination for the co-products yet .  In the past , they were just

composted , as the batches were small.  I've been in contact with a few cattle

operations in the area. The ideal would be co-location at one of these , Plus

the addition of a few hoop houses for tomatos , other veggies, etc.

Would make for a short commute. I definitely have customers for the fresh

veggies. There are no groceries here for 10 miles around.