Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Please Comment ..Elected official "offended" over No Solider Guarding Corn field

Be nice if we can all make  a quick post of support ... http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/opinion/forum-ethanol-production-is-homegrown-patriotism/article_2af26377-2a98-5aed-b84c-74ce1ff04a3d.html

On several occasions our patriotism has been challenged. Recently, a writer from Iowa disputed my statements about whether our country’s involvement in the Middle East is related to the free flow of oil. In a similar instance, an elected state representative let me know that he was offended by the billboard placed in western South Dakota by the South Dakota Ethanol Producers Association. The message on the billboard depicts a uniformed soldier with the phrase: “I Don’t Have to Fight for Cornfields … Use Ethanol.”

The gentlemen from Iowa attempted to correct my “short memory and misunderstanding” that our military presence in the Middle East is not about the free flow of oil, rather, it is about freedom for the oppressed and a response to the 9/11 attacks. He went on to state that Afghanistan doesn’t produce oil and is in no position to affect the free flow of oil.

While I cannot disagree with the last statement, I will challenge his failure to recognize that the free flow of oil is not a major part of the problem. It is my belief that our heavy and continued dependence upon foreign oil from unfriendly locales brings us too close to those parts of the world and, from that, springs hatred for both the American way of life and the freedoms we enjoy and promote.

He also alleges that I have failed “to recognize the service of America’s best citizens for what it is: voluntary sacrifice to … protect our many vital interests around the world.” Did he really admit that our military is sent to “protect our many vital interests”? Perhaps he just made my case!

I take great exception to the allegation that I have failed to recognize the service of America’s best. My deep-seated patriotism motivates me to point out that I am quick to support foreign actions by our military whenever necessary. I also believe that we should aggressively seek and implement whatever domestic solutions are available to keep our fine military out of harm’s way. I see ethanol as a homegrown product that is a proven replacement for the oil we buy from radicals. In short, U.S. agriculture has an answer for this problem -- a solution that is very beneficial to South Dakota’s residents in all reaches of our state.

The elected representative from western South Dakota makes the same claim as the Iowan, but fails to place value on the $3.8 billion economic impact that ethanol brings to all parts of our state, including the area he represents. With plants in Codington and Edmunds counties, we will proudly claim our $750 million share of this impact. We pay nearly $4 million annually in sales taxes, most of which is distributed statewide.

With numbers like these, it goes without saying that anyone who claims to support agriculture in this state, as his website does, had better include corn ethanol in that equation.

Ukraine has pipelines running to Europe also. Russia can close the valve and freeze a bunch of people.

The elected state rep. isn't qualified to represent anybody with his being offended comment---he's too stupid. They try to make it an Muslim deal when justifying our presence over there. There are lots of reasons people over there hate us but the one that I think about the most----in 1953 Mohammad Mosaddegh was a democratically elected leader that wanted to get a fair price for the oil that Britain needed and was refining at the biggest refinery in the world in southern Iran. When they found out he was serious the got the CIA to over throw him and put in the hated Shah. Look up operation AJAX.

http://www.911review.com/precedent/century/ajax.html