Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Going to the Auto Show ...look at anything specific

I'm going to run down to Minneapolis today to the Auto Show ..anything anyone wants me to check out ?  Any Specific Model (no no no not the girls twirling battons and the vehicles)_ :P

.amazed at the lack of knowledge of E85/FFV from the people that work these shows ..   The Woman at Cadillac said they are going away from E85 and to Smaller engines.. I said "Huh"   lol

The most Knowledgeable Person that I came across was the guy working the Chevrolet Volt display ..   It was the only vehicle there that actually makes sense ..for "now"  .. Electric running around town .. E85/gasoline for the highway.

Lots of E85 flex fuel from US Companies (but the E85 / Flex wasn't highlighted)  Ford , GM,  Chrysler ..yep Aaron your Chrysler 200 was their ..they actually had 3 versions of it AND had the 2015 on a rotating display .. so looks like they plan on keeping and pushing sales 

Most Impressive.. the Audis.. not sure what it is about them...but I kept going back to them..  all the Lines we're were perfect.. hood , trunk doors ..everything matched well.. unlike the Jaguars which yes E85 capable but craftsmanship seemed really lacking

The Audis look like the people that created and put them together really cared 

post-2-0-25277200-1395009740_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-00941800-1395009939_thumb.jpg

I know a better 'deal' than being misslead by the limited products availabe here in the US.

I found an importer in California, he imports pretty much any vehicle. He offers the Hyundai HB20 flex (it is called the Accent in the US), hatchback, it costs about $1,500 more than the regular one available here. Sedan and Coupe are comming next year.

Not bad at all, especially considering you have a real FlexFuel vehicle now (an upgrade would cost you close to half of it anyhows).

I contacted Hyundai and yes, they give you the full warranties.

Look at the performance data they give you:

Torque : Etanol - 100.1Nm(10.2kgf.m) / 4500rpm
               Gas - 92.2Nm(9.4kgf.m) / 4500rpm

Greetings!

Dan, I have been looking at those Audi's with the 2L engines FFV, on Sundays (IN WIS they don't have car sales on Sundays so people can browse the lots sales-person free). They are sooooo bleepin awesome! Out of my price range and family situation may force me to get a Dodge Caravan whether I want to or not. At least it will be full E-85!

And BigGreen, As a dual current Hyundai owner who runs mid-high E85 blends only, that is some pretty cool news about the Hyundai, FINALLY having that offering stateside.

Edited by Steve-O

very cool information! I always thought such a thing was possible... just a matter of finding the right person/company willing and able to do it.

Some very good "commuter" cars available in Brazil!

very cool information! I always thought such a thing was possible... just a matter of finding the right person/company willing and able to do it.

Some very good "commuter" cars available in Brazil!

That's my saying. When I first came over here, it stunned me how brainwashed most people are here. The see or hear something (which is usually incorrect or inaccurate anyhows) and truly believe it.

When we got our new Hyundai the dealer told me that Hyundai does not make FlexFuel vehicle. Lack of eduction.

Chevrolet is a manufactuer who, at least to me, appears to be E85 ready, most of their vehicles I see have the FlexFuel badge on it. And under the Holden badging they have even more vehicle.

But, someone is making money by not having these vehicles offered for sale here, starting at the oil companies through the car manfucturers all the way to the unions.

The consumer has the hightest power. Most don't use it. Most of us do, we buy E85 instead of Gasoline. And there is way more to go/do.

Greetings!

I had this conversation with the folks at the local Volvo dealership...  they referred me on to the national marketing folks...  they replied back that they COULD sell e85 flex fuel vehicles here, but that our EPA testing requirements are so expensive, that for the volume of sales they have for the brand, it would not warrant the expense.  From a business prospective, I agree with their assessment.

From a government perspective...  if the stated purpose of the EPA is to protect the environment, and their own regulations end up preventing products that would help them fulfill their purpose... then there is a problem.

I know a better 'deal' than being misslead by the limited products availabe here in the US.

I found an importer in California, he imports pretty much any vehicle. He offers the Hyundai HB20 flex (it is called the Accent in the US), hatchback, it costs about $1,500 more than the regular one available here. Sedan and Coupe are comming next year.

Not bad at all, especially considering you have a real FlexFuel vehicle now (an upgrade would cost you close to half of it anyhows).

I contacted Hyundai and yes, they give you the full warranties.

Look at the performance data they give you:

Torque : Etanol - 100.1Nm(10.2kgf.m) / 4500rpm

Gas - 92.2Nm(9.4kgf.m) / 4500rpm

Greetings!

BG I couldn't locate MPG on it.. you know what that is