Sign in to follow this  
BJoe

New Pentastar V-6 Power Programmer out!

Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong section since it's only performance rated and not also conversion related, feel free to move it if it is, buuuuttt...................

Well, the Avenger/200 community are a buzz right now, Diablosport has brought out a tuner for the Chrysler JS sedans like my 200 with the Pentastar V-6 with canned tunes for 87, 91, and 93 octane gasoline and has opened up the ability to have custom tunes done for Nitrous, Turbocharging, Supercharging, and of the most interest to us..........E85 specific tunes!!!!!!!!!! They already have these for the Pentastar equipped Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Challenger, 300, and Charger to so hopefully there will programmers made for the Journey and Minivans to go with the rest of the current one and there will be tunes for the new Cherokee and the upcoming '15 200 too. Sounds like they will soon be releasing a tjne for the '07-'10 3.5l and 2.7l powered JS sedans like Aaron's Sebring too.

From what I've been reading on AvengerForumz.com (yes, it ends in z), a few guys have tried the 93 octane canned tune with E85 in their Avengers and found that their cars have responded extremely well to the tune. Just in stock form on plain old dog piss 87 octane these cars can be musclecar quick, they run better on 89 or 91/91 octane fuels, but E85 wakes them up quite nicely on just what the standard, safe factory E85 programming is capable of. From what one of this company's techs said on their site, after taking their test '11 200S for a test drive on 93 with their tune and the torque management turned off, he had to go and change his underware........... Supposedly on 93 they were getting another 25hp from the car and people who are running that tune with E85 are thinking that they might be getting closer to an additional 10hp putting their cars up 35 horse over stock......plus keeping the front tires lit from a standing start into 3rd gear, with the traction control still engaged?!?!?!?!

Only problems we can see for the cars using this tune right now are;

Tire wear, it's almost too easy to light'em up stock and this will just unleash even more power!

Transmission wear, according to Chrysler, these transmissions are good for a max of 260lbs/ft of torque and the FWD factory tune tops out around there, plus the performance parts are barely available for these cars let alone beefed up trans pieces...........we're boping that will change.

CV Shafts, not sure what the stockers will take, but get enough power and traction (should be possible to find some fairly wide drag tires for 16" rims to mount up front) either the trans or these shafts might start dieing.

Biggest issue for me right now besides my car's warrantys............it costs $600 for the better of the two handheld units the program can be loaded into.

Morning Joe,

I'm still looking at the Jeep Wranglers and decided to wait until I find a 2012 with the 3.6 Penastar in my price range .. even though the Wrangler isn't FFV we know the engine is . Has anyone at the forum ever said if the FFV map is in the wrangler (just not loaded/turned on) ?

Not that I know of Dan, for what ever reason Jeep owners tend to be "closed minded" so I'm not sure if anybody has tried in it for fear of "melting their engine" or something stupid like that. Outside of the ECU's, the whole intake and exhaust systems are the only things that change from platform to platform on these motors so I don't doubt there's the parts capability there. If you do pick up a 3.6l JK and get the programmer, a guy who goes by the name Hemifever is the one working with an Avenger owner on the E85 specific tune for the JS cars, he might have some knowage on that if he's done any JKs too.

Interesting to see some tuning for the Pentastar.  Would be nice to see what the older stuff would do if they do get the tune, as I had an 07 Avenger R/T with the 3.5L.  I had an Avenger loaner with the pentastar once, and thought that was almost too much power for that front wheel drive car to begin with (would be worried about more torque steer than it already has with a tune).  Would be nice to see what a tune in the Challenger or Charger would do.

Edited by jeepn30

They have tuners for your Grand and Challenger too Jeepn, you would only need to order 1 and can download the programs for both Mopars into the 1 programmer.

They have tuners for your Grand and Challenger too Jeepn, you would only need to order 1 and can download the programs for both Mopars into the 1 programmer.

I feel the Grand is fine as it is, as I don't race that thing....plus I don't need a decrease in what crappy fuel economy it gets now, lol.  And 375 horse is plenty of power for me with the hemi in the Challenger (although it makes me wish speed limits were a little bit higher...)