Sign in to follow this  
Jonny Energy

Time to convert!

Morning John .. I was just wondering about you yesterday .hadn't seen you post yet since we switched forums

I may need one of your kits.. Looking at getting a 4 door Jeep Wrangler Sahara ..older version is the 3.8 ..newer is the 3.6 penstar 

I keep going back and forth between getting a Volt or the Wrangler.. I REALLY want the Wrangler..and but then the practical side of me pops and says what the h you want with that gas guzzler  ;) ..but man I really want it  :D

I'll be hitting your site in a few weeks Jonnyenergy.

My 2006 will soon be traded in for a FFV, but it's running so well after all this time on mid level blends that I am going to "kit" the car and use E-85 straight up! Hate to trade in a great running car without trying this first.

I have almost 40,000 miles now on my Johnny Energy E85 add-on kit without any issue.   Started up without any issue even after sitting in an open parking lot for 8.5 hours at temperatures between -13F and 5F during this "current" winter season.   Very easy to self install on the 4 cylinder  engines.    In my experience, setting the dial a "touch-rich" opposed to "slightly-lean" returns the best mpg on E70/E85 mixtures.   Stunning mpg figures when running around E50 blends.  With this setting, if you need to run E10 only, then you need to watch your fuel trim values--via scanguage/ultra guage devices- as you might "push" the pre-set positive trim level settings an set off the dash warning light.

BillyK24 said "With this setting, if you need to run E10 only, then you need to watch your fuel trim values--via scanguage/ultra guage devices- as you might "push" the pre-set positive trim level settings an set off the dash warning light."

That's a nightmare-ish scenario you describe. E-10 only that is.  :lol: 

Thanks for the info Billy, appreciate the endorsment and recommendation on the settings.

Edited by Steve-O

I love the look of the Sahara 4 Door. Let me know Dan.

Well ... I just may have ended up with a 2011 Wrangler.. I screwed up thought I was Posting $16,200 ..Ebay now shows me as high bidder (well my max at 162)of $162,000  :huh:

"Time left: 1 day 22 hours (Mar 10, 2014 17:02:57 PDT)

Current bid:US $29,499.00
[ 14 bids ]

Place bid
 Enter more than US $162,000.00"

$29,500 is actually not a bad price for it..  but I was looking at 24 range 

post-2-0-61412600-1394329538_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-54849100-1394329554_thumb.jpg

Well Dan,

As a seller on eBay I can tell you that about 1/3 of the people that bought stuff from me this last month never came thru with the cash and ignored my messages, even the deadbeat emails from eBay. That's one reason why you see "Great buyer... paid fast" feedback when someone pays right after the sale.

The seller can make a 2nd offer to the person who came in 2nd or 3rd and sell the item to them. If you bid by mistake, esp. when it's apparent how much you overbid, you should be able to retract your bid. I know I had one last week that retracted before the auction was even over.

I'd attempt to retract it before the auction ends. Sorry, can't tell you how to do that tho. :D

Well Dan,

As a seller on eBay I can tell you that about 1/3 of the people that bought stuff from me this last month never came thru with the cash and ignored my messages, even the deadbeat emails from eBay. That's one reason why you see "Great buyer... paid fast" feedback when someone pays right after the sale.

The seller can make a 2nd offer to the person who came in 2nd or 3rd and sell the item to them. If you bid by mistake, esp. when it's apparent how much you overbid, you should be able to retract your bid. I know I had one last week that retracted before the auction was even over.

I'd attempt to retract it before the auction ends. Sorry, can't tell you how to do that tho. :D

Yeah they were understanding.. Not a Problem..   When he seen $162K he knew right away  ;)

I'm planning on adding one to my 09 Cobalt next month. I've been blending for a while, does pretty good on E40, get close to 50% it throw's a CEL.  Last 3 tanks with E40 blends got 36.5 with less than ideal weather.  

Billyk24, what car do  you have it installed in?

Edited by roosterk