Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Total BS from Gasbuddy...ethanol that's part of the gasoline mixture has gone up more than a dollar a gallon in the past three weeks, said Tom Kloza,

It's costing more to gas up the car, and it might be a while before prices begin to move lower.

The average price of a gallon of regular in New Jersey is now $3.36. That's 17 cents more than a month ago. Gas is retailing for about $3.65 in the Philadelphia area, and $3.47 in Wilmington.

The ethanol that's part of the gasoline mixture has gone up more than a dollar a gallon in the past three weeks, said Tom Kloza, the chief oil analyst at GasBuddy.com.

"All of the ethanol that comes to the East Coast comes by train. When there's a lot of snow in the Midwest and a lot of frozen tracks and whatever the trains get delayed," he said. "So we're waiting on a lot of ethanol to come to places like Philly and Newark and New England points."

Kloza said gas could cost up to $3.50 a gallon in New Jersey by Easter as refineries switch to making spring gasoline that's more expensive to manufacture than the winter blend.

The prices should start to drop going into the summer unless a hurricane disrupts production along the Gulf Coast, he said.

Just as much as farce as blaming "frozen tracks" for holding up ethanol trains for rising gas prices is this final statement:

"the prices should drop going into summer unless-----"   Bahaahaa!!!!!!

By the way- how does one copy and paste on this new website?????

A guy posted these comments in a new thread over there. I have already asked for a clarification... What do those of you that are or were in the biz say about the validity of these comments? I certainly would like to see proof !

Today all across the US the average ethanol content is 10% blends. It is mandated in most areas. Right now due to the weather and limitation of rail and marine transport there is a shortage of ethanol across the country. Not in the midwest where most of the ethanol is made, but on the coasts where the majority of people live there is trouble getting product there. Average rail time is ten days. Right now it is over 21 days. Empty rail cars cannot make it back to the ethanol plants. Ethanol plants are reducing and curtailing production because their tanks are full and they have no where to put anymore.

I think we are doing a great job in the midwest getting the real deal (E-85) to the pump cost effectively. But I am not buying his story here either.

Edited by Steve-O

Just was reading on-line that the coal industry is having a hard time moving coal to the power plants and some plants have gone off line. Good thing the ethanol industry is going because without that the rails would be hauling 2X as much grain as ethanol due to bulk though granted it is likely more 1:1 moving eastward into PA, NY, etc.

I quit Gasbuddy Comment boards years ago after battling stupidity of that caliber! According to Gasbuddy geniuses: hybrid car batteries last three years; ethanol crops consume 400 gallons of fuel per acre; Hybrid car high voltage cables pass through doors and eletricute emergency first responders; formic acid formed when ethanol meets water dissolves stainless steel; cradle-to-grave, a Hummer is more energy efficient than a Prius! Yeah. . .  they're like that.

I too USED to go on there (only on the ethanol page, or it should be the "anti-ethanol" page)...  there was one very pro-ethanol guy from South Dakota, but the the most part it was a den of ethanolphobic trolls.

I found that it was best for my mental and physical health to avoid that site.