Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Everyone getting settled in on the new Forum?

Just looking for some feedback.. it has taken me awhile ..wasn't sure I made the right decision but growing on me everyday.. a lot of new features/options 

Has everyone figured out that when you  "like" a post it essentially bookmarks that post for you

Like Steve-O----kinda miss the ability to "pm". To my knowledge it was never abused an it was a great way to chat with someone about little details the rest had no interest in and yet was safer than outright sharing of email addresses.

Is there a way to personal message that we are missing?

I like the ability to "like" :D which is common in all other social media.

It is great. Miss the personal messages...unless they are still there but I was banned from that section lol.

Banned?    Steve .. when you click your name at the top pf the page do you see "personal messenger"  and can you access it?

post-2-0-29344500-1393856552_thumb.jpg

LIke = Bookmark? Now that's just stupid.

I'd like it better if we could control the layout more, like new posts on top.

Yeah they do things differently at IPB.. thats why I was asking if everyone had figured that out

It's fine once you know that's what "Likes" does

Liking it for the most part... like any change, it is taking some getting used to, but for the most part, the many pros out weigh the few cons.  Most of the cons are simply a matter of my really knowing how to use the old system.

All in all, I think this was a very positive move.

Thanks for explaining the PM thing... I was disappointed that I didn't have the ability to PM folks.

Liking it for the most part... like any change, it is taking some getting used to, but for the most part, the many pros out weigh the few cons.  Most of the cons are simply a matter of my really knowing how to use the old system.

All in all, I think this was a very positive move.

Thanks for explaining the PM thing... I was disappointed that I didn't have the ability to PM folks.

Brad check under your "settings" as well.. a ton of different things you can set