Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Strange seeing Kwik Trip with Good Prices Spreads

Just in case you are reading KT- I have been back in your stores lately- buying E85, carwashes, coffee, and other items. Keep it up and I'll keep up my end. You could be better than the 18% or so or but at least I can buy from you without costing me so much or have to buy elsewhere. As a consumer I know your approximate costs and I know my breakevens to buy from you. :mellow: I have been watching you leave E85 at 2.799 while gas has been climbing- do not get temped to move E85 because the spread is still marginally acceptable- I will go elsewhere if you raise it If the wholesale ethanol markets, RIN values, etc do not justify a move.

this IS good news! 

Improving spreads, and they are also still adding new e85 stations to their list.  Very good news.

I hope people like Outlaw and others are able to send their message of support, and they see a noticeable increase in volumes, as well as total profits to encourage more of this.

DAN LOL

What happened was I sent your prices site links in states they were in to the president of fuel at Kwik Trip :).

Also used a bit of Phil's advice and knowledge to make the case, in the process.

Not claiming responsibility but that's when they adjusted their abhorrent pricing. In addition I can validate that their sales have increased. I see more people at the white pumps when I am there.

I guess I appreciate the response I got from them at the time as they continue to support the fuel, even in new constructions. I do buy there about 50% of the time. They remain fixated with CNG I can tell, but I want them to move as much E-85 as possible to keep the support there.

As a company, they continue to really succeed. Quite an enthusiastic employee culture combined with a knack for continuing to find enormousely successful ways to bring customers through the door.

Edited by Steve-O

Good work steve!  I did something similar several years ago.  Unfortunately this was an independent, single station... not much of a ripple effect like your  work with KT.

as for CNG...  the only thing better than alternative fuels... is MULTIPLE alternative fuels.

I like how in Brazil they have "quad flex" vehicles

-e0 (in the odd chance the travel across the border into foreign countries

-base gasoline (for them e20-25)

-e85 ethanol

-CNG

So if there is an extended drought and the price of ethanol spikes... they can use CNG as a back up.  If they are in a region where natural gas is produced, this could be their main fuel, but they would be able to travel anywhere outside this region with no problem..

Consumer is able to choose based on the markets of the region they are in (and their prices) which fuel is best for them.  I really don't get it how free market people could be opposed to consumers having the choice!

Edited by HuskerFlex

DAN LOL

What happened was I sent your prices site links in states they were in to the president of fuel at Kwik Trip :).

Also used a bit of Phil's advice and knowledge to make the case, in the process.

Not claiming responsibility but that's when they adjusted their abhorrent pricing. In addition I can validate that their sales have increased. I see more people at the white pumps when I am there.

I guess I appreciate the response I got from them at the time as they continue to support the fuel, even in new constructions. I do buy there about 50% of the time. They remain fixated with CNG I can tell, but I want them to move as much E-85 as possible to keep the support there.

As a company, they continue to really succeed. Quite an enthusiastic employee culture combined with a knack for continuing to find enormousely successful ways to bring customers through the door.

I drive City Bus as well and I have this Nun .. Sister Linda.. I picked her up at the Convent in Se St Cloud and took her to a Church in Wait Park.. about 10 miles.. we hit green lights all the way across town... As we arrived I turned around and said "Thank You Sister Linda "..  She said .."So you think I had something to do with that "   :D

So Steve .. thank you Sir  :D

Well, thanks but my motives were as much selfish as big picture. Obviously the people that read and post here... we are all big picture thinkers around the subject, but I wanted to have reasonable access to more realistic pricing too. The way Renew did it before that had to call it a day. As much as I wanted the pricing, I also really wanted it to work, I wanted KT to see that they COULD move the stuff if they used a reasonable approach to pricing it.

Now I haven't talked to them since, but I THINK it is working and I THINK they are moving considerably more than they had before. Hope so.

And I agree, that diversification is key. Let them bring on the CNG it may get more vehicles using it if they can get it. With FFVs being in the market at numbers for great potential now and enough stations on board, only thing that ever concerns me why people aren't using it more, and for that I blame... well... that's another topic in itslef. But for now I'll call it the Blume theory :)

I know some "locally large" station groups do use your site. More should be made aware of it I think.

Edited by Steve-O

Husker said: "I hope people like Outlaw and others are able to send their message of support, and they see a noticeable increase in volumes, as well as total profits to encourage more of this."

Hey 1outlaw, I got an e-mail for ya if you want one. Or feel free to use their website feedback, the more that tell them that the better :)You can just copy and paste what you wrote there LOL!

Edited by Steve-O